No sheet! Never knew that, didn't realise you were that old TBT!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It may be rubbish but some of us were alive when they stopped Christmas Day deliveries.
The General Post Office stopped delivering letters on Christmas Day in 1960 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in 1965 in Scotland.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Your last house assuming a built up area should be no later than 3pm, there must be something wrong with your walk, too big. You have no reason to be out all day at Christmas, you can finish at your finish time if you wish. I don't see why we should stay out all day just because the company are obsessed with part timers and cuts. I will not be doing any overtime.stephen.cal87 wrote:Still out at 3.30 is nothing, my last house at the minute is usually 4.30 on an average day. God knows what time I'll finish running up to christmas. Glad we get 3 day break this year but it's still rubbish.mdm wrote:Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!!bustedflush wrote:Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Christmas eve off for me this year, and off between Christmas and New year next year. 
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
My second Xmas away from Royal Mail. feel so sorry for my work colleagues this time of year but don't miss the Xmas pressure one bitmdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
It's a relief duty which is made up of town & rural delivery which is too big & I can't get them to test it. Typical. Yes I don't mind being out until 4.30 during summer as it's still daylight but at this time of year when it becomes dark I have decided to start cutting off at 4pm. That's 1 hour OT per day, as my union rep said you don't have to cut off the nose to spite the face. Tho you have the right attitude we don't have to do overtime & why should we stay out all day for the greed of the company.Surreypostie wrote:Your last house assuming a built up area should be no later than 3pm, there must be something wrong with your walk, too big. You have no reason to be out all day at Christmas, you can finish at your finish time if you wish. I don't see why we should stay out all day just because the company are obsessed with part timers and cuts. I will not be doing any overtime.stephen.cal87 wrote:Still out at 3.30 is nothing, my last house at the minute is usually 4.30 on an average day. God knows what time I'll finish running up to christmas. Glad we get 3 day break this year but it's still rubbish.mdm wrote:Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!!bustedflush wrote:Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
I don't think I really have the right attitude, my view is, if there is work to be done, which there is, employ people to do it. I realise people want and need to do overtime but this company expect you to do it, they don't like the fact that you may actually have things to do outside of your contracted hours. It is not just RM that are like this. Christmas as we know is very busy, their answer, open temporary depots to sort parcels, put extra into mail centres, run them 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and just expect us to cope with it all out on delivery. No!stephen.cal87 wrote:It's a relief duty which is made up of town & rural delivery which is too big & I can't get them to test it. Typical. Yes I don't mind being out until 4.30 during summer as it's still daylight but at this time of year when it becomes dark I have decided to start cutting off at 4pm. That's 1 hour OT per day, as my union rep said you don't have to cut off the nose to spite the face. Tho you have the right attitude we don't have to do overtime & why should we stay out all day for the greed of the company.Surreypostie wrote:Your last house assuming a built up area should be no later than 3pm, there must be something wrong with your walk, too big. You have no reason to be out all day at Christmas, you can finish at your finish time if you wish. I don't see why we should stay out all day just because the company are obsessed with part timers and cuts. I will not be doing any overtime.stephen.cal87 wrote:Still out at 3.30 is nothing, my last house at the minute is usually 4.30 on an average day. God knows what time I'll finish running up to christmas. Glad we get 3 day break this year but it's still rubbish.mdm wrote:Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!!bustedflush wrote:Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Of course there are some people that don't mind staying out because they enjoy the job!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
is 2nd January a normal day or non service day.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Its a Bank HolidayDarren Bent wrote:is 2nd January a normal day or non service day.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.