ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The management lieu day scandal

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

The management lieu day scandal

Post by MAILMAN84 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
MAILMAN84 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:TBH if you've been with RM for ten years and allowed yourself and your colleagues to be treated in this way it's no wonder the managers think they can get away with it because for a decade you've allowed them to :shock:
Thanks for the assumption but our manager has been here a year. I don't get bullied but I've never seen a manager this devious in my life.
By that same assumption if it isn't 10 years then even a year is too long to let them get away with it. Try HR to get a record of your Bank Holiday attendances with the explanation that your manager "refuses" to give you a copy, even if he hasn't technically refused he hasn't given you a copy.
He's not been this bad for a year. If I can elaborate more, at first it was all working okay. Purely as we had enough staff, the mail was light, we were lapsing 5 mins etc. Just as times gone on he's got greedier and greedier and now were coming up to xmas with no staff (he's got planned 1 packet driver and 1 nightshift) and the office is on its knees. It is the staff's fault. I start on my time but most of them are in an hour early for free. Part timers come in earlier because if they don't their sequenced isn't in. I doubt they're gonna get intelligence anytime soon which is kinda why I'm asking if I put a H1 form in, will I get singled out.
matt166
Posts: 20
Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 16:49
Gender: Male

The management lieu day scandal

Post by matt166 »

You are entitled to ALL data held on you. I would personally write to Royal Mail data team
Information Rights Team
(Data Protection Act)
2nd Floor
Royal Mail Sheffield
Pond Street
Sheffield
S98 6HR

or email them on Email: information.rights@royalmail.com

Explain what you want. Start by saying you want a full copy of ALL your annual leave records. This should go back several years under data retention policy. Ask for a break down of how many Bank/Public holidays you have worked in the past several years, then ask for data which shows you have been correctly allocated these days in lieu. If need be ask for a break down of the Duty sheets for all banks holiday weeks going back several years .
Your data will show when you have been allocated days in lieu. If you can pinpoint a time were it hasnt been allocated then its Grievance Time .They cant deny you your data and it will give him a headache looking it all up