ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Training advice for a marathon?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Training advice for a marathon?

Post by mickeymacca »

Well done mate, I'm running Manchester next Sunday, my first marathon.

I have n't trained loads probably about 20-30 miles a week, mainly just 1 long run a week, have found that walking my duty substitutes doing a slow or recovery run.

I managed 22 miles a couple of weeks ago and have tapered since then (also ran ran 18, 19 and 20). I ran a half marathon 2 weeks ago and the experience was really helpful, its amazing the amount of people that go off to quick. I would recommend running the first few miles really slowly, it was a great feeling when I hit 10 miles and was coasting past people who went off to quick.

good luck
'Libraries gave us power'