ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

delivery suppliment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by wannabeek »

You would also get an enhanced rate of overtime if you do it while on your 30 hour contract. It means everyone gets the full delivery supplement if they work up to 39hrs. (nobody gets this enhanced rate for overtime beyond 39hrs)

It works out at just over 60p per hour worked on top of your basic rate of pay. Easy way to remember it is that it means that the delivery supplement is approximately 1p per minute you work throughout the week, whatever your hours are, up to the max of 39.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by lightningpostman »

steve1873 wrote:
lightningpostman wrote:
wannabeek wrote:The delivery supplement is nothing to do with D2D. Could have zero D2D for six weeks and you'd still get the same supplement. It's to do with where you work, not the work you do there.
0 d2d's is unheard of at my office we are bombarded with d2d's each and every week.

i have been led to believe that the delivery suppliment si what was rolled in after paying per item was rolled out and its based on hourage not actual workloads.

care to break down what you have been informed as to what the delivery suppliemnt is and if that does not cover d2d's what exactly does ?
It is nothing to do with D2D. End off.

The funds paying for the delivery supplement are partially funded by the old D2D money, but the payment has absolutely sod all to do with handling items of D2D mail. We no longer get a separate payment as they are now counted towards workload.
i have made workload BOLD,

as lugging around and delivering just as much d2d's as a ft and i get paid less is not fair.

nor is it fair that someone can work a 2 day week do 2/5 of the work and get paid the same delivery supliment.....

pretty dissapointed as d2d's are big business for royal mail.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

lightningpostman wrote:
steve1873 wrote:
lightningpostman wrote:
wannabeek wrote:The delivery supplement is nothing to do with D2D. Could have zero D2D for six weeks and you'd still get the same supplement. It's to do with where you work, not the work you do there.
0 d2d's is unheard of at my office we are bombarded with d2d's each and every week.

i have been led to believe that the delivery suppliment si what was rolled in after paying per item was rolled out and its based on hourage not actual workloads.

care to break down what you have been informed as to what the delivery suppliemnt is and if that does not cover d2d's what exactly does ?
It is nothing to do with D2D. End off.

The funds paying for the delivery supplement are partially funded by the old D2D money, but the payment has absolutely sod all to do with handling items of D2D mail. We no longer get a separate payment as they are now counted towards workload.
i have made workload BOLD,

as lugging around and delivering just as much d2d's as a ft and i get paid less is not fair.

nor is it fair that someone can work a 2 day week do 2/5 of the work and get paid the same delivery supliment.....

pretty dissapointed as d2d's are big business for royal mail.
The delivery supplement is not anything to do with how much mail or d2d work you do, it is based on how many hours you work in the delivery function, it is paid pro rata so if you work 24 hours you get 24/39ths of the total and if you work 30 hours you get 30/39ths up to the maximum of 39 hours where you get the full amount, so some one on a 2 day week working 8 hours per day, 16 hours in total will gt the same as someone on a 4 day week 4 hours per day also working 16 hours on total


to highlight again the delivery supplement has nothing what so ever to do with how much d2d work you do now.
SYPostie
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 May 2016, 13:44
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by SYPostie »

Following my interview yesterday at the local DO, I did ask what the supplement was and how much of it I would get.
The chap interviewing me didn't know what it was until I showed him the job description I'd printed off.
He then said it was an additional payment for the D2D deliveries like leaflets, flyers and local supermarket sales pamphlets. He said the payment is the same each week based on hours worked, and that sometimes you will do 5 days of D2D some weeks and others you may only have 2 days of them.

How that all pans out is another matter. Hopefully if I get the job I will find out
movingon
Posts: 61
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 12:39
Gender: Female

delivery suppliment

Post by movingon »

I don't get the supplement according to how many hours I work - I get the same each week, whatever hours I work, so it must be worked out according to contracted hours. Another way RM saves money on part-time contracts!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

movingon wrote:I don't get the supplement according to how many hours I work - I get the same each week, whatever hours I work, so it must be worked out according to contracted hours. Another way RM saves money on part-time contracts!

you do get the extra supplement it's built into you ot rate, upto 39 hours, it is for hours worked not contracted
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

delivery suppliment

Post by motherhubbard »

This thread makes me want to weep.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

delivery suppliment

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

movingon wrote:I don't get the supplement according to how many hours I work - I get the same each week, whatever hours I work, so it must be worked out according to contracted hours. Another way RM saves money on part-time contracts!

Your SSPR between contracted and 39 hours is an enhanced overtime rate that INCLUDES an element to cover the Delivery Supplement. To not do so would be illegal.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

delivery suppliment

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

motherhubbard wrote:This thread makes me want to weep.
me :arrrghhh

Is it really 6 years I have been explaining this http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ry#p255597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

delivery suppliment

Post by steve1873 »

lightningpostman wrote:
steve1873 wrote:
lightningpostman wrote:
wannabeek wrote:The delivery supplement is nothing to do with D2D. Could have zero D2D for six weeks and you'd still get the same supplement. It's to do with where you work, not the work you do there.
0 d2d's is unheard of at my office we are bombarded with d2d's each and every week.

i have been led to believe that the delivery suppliment si what was rolled in after paying per item was rolled out and its based on hourage not actual workloads.

care to break down what you have been informed as to what the delivery suppliemnt is and if that does not cover d2d's what exactly does ?
It is nothing to do with D2D. End off.

The funds paying for the delivery supplement are partially funded by the old D2D money, but the payment has absolutely sod all to do with handling items of D2D mail. We no longer get a separate payment as they are now counted towards workload.
i have made workload BOLD,

as lugging around and delivering just as much d2d's as a ft and i get paid less is not fair.

nor is it fair that someone can work a 2 day week do 2/5 of the work and get paid the same delivery supliment.....

pretty dissapointed as d2d's are big business for royal mail.
Somebody on a 2 day week DOES NOT get the same supplement. It is based on their contracted hours (and is adjusted with overtime up to 39 hours). So if that person working 2 days is on a 16 hour week then they will receive 16/39 of the delivery supplement.

It doesn't matter how many D2D's you are lugging about. THE DELIVERY SUPPLEMENT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH DOOR TO DOOR MAIL.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

delivery suppliment

Post by steve1873 »

SYPostie wrote:Following my interview yesterday at the local DO, I did ask what the supplement was and how much of it I would get.
The chap interviewing me didn't know what it was until I showed him the job description I'd printed off.
He then said it was an additional payment for the D2D deliveries like leaflets, flyers and local supermarket sales pamphlets. He said the payment is the same each week based on hours worked, and that sometimes you will do 5 days of D2D some weeks and others you may only have 2 days of them.

How that all pans out is another matter. Hopefully if I get the job I will find out
The person doing your interview doesn't know what he is talking about.

The delivery supplement is an additional payment for working in the delivery function of Royal Mail. It has nothing to do with D2D's.

Also, D2D's are done on a weekly basis. So you wont ever be doing them the way he described. You will do a set percentage on a Monday, set percentage on a Tuesday etc... Some weeks you may have multiple contracts (leaftets). Other weeks you may have none. You will still receive the delivery supplement in full (pro-rata to your contracted hours plus an addition to overtime rate up to maximum of 39 hours)
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

delivery suppliment

Post by k979aaa »

steve1873 wrote:
SYPostie wrote:Following my interview yesterday at the local DO, I did ask what the supplement was and how much of it I would get.
The chap interviewing me didn't know what it was until I showed him the job description I'd printed off.
He then said it was an additional payment for the D2D deliveries like leaflets, flyers and local supermarket sales pamphlets. He said the payment is the same each week based on hours worked, and that sometimes you will do 5 days of D2D some weeks and others you may only have 2 days of them.

How that all pans out is another matter. Hopefully if I get the job I will find out
The person doing your interview doesn't know what he is talking about.

The delivery supplement is an additional payment for working in the delivery function of Royal Mail. It has nothing to do with D2D's.

Also, D2D's are done on a weekly basis. So you wont ever be doing them the way he described. You will do a set percentage on a Monday, set percentage on a Tuesday etc... Some weeks you may have multiple contracts (leaftets). Other weeks you may have none. You will still receive the delivery supplement in full (pro-rata to your contracted hours plus an addition to overtime rate up to maximum of 39 hours)
And now told/instructed to do them a day in advance so where is all this going if this is possible will we work a week in hand for our delivery supplement?
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

delivery suppliment

Post by steve1873 »

k979aaa wrote:
steve1873 wrote:
SYPostie wrote:Following my interview yesterday at the local DO, I did ask what the supplement was and how much of it I would get.
The chap interviewing me didn't know what it was until I showed him the job description I'd printed off.
He then said it was an additional payment for the D2D deliveries like leaflets, flyers and local supermarket sales pamphlets. He said the payment is the same each week based on hours worked, and that sometimes you will do 5 days of D2D some weeks and others you may only have 2 days of them.

How that all pans out is another matter. Hopefully if I get the job I will find out
The person doing your interview doesn't know what he is talking about.

The delivery supplement is an additional payment for working in the delivery function of Royal Mail. It has nothing to do with D2D's.

Also, D2D's are done on a weekly basis. So you wont ever be doing them the way he described. You will do a set percentage on a Monday, set percentage on a Tuesday etc... Some weeks you may have multiple contracts (leaftets). Other weeks you may have none. You will still receive the delivery supplement in full (pro-rata to your contracted hours plus an addition to overtime rate up to maximum of 39 hours)
And now told/instructed to do them a day in advance so where is all this going if this is possible will we work a week in hand for our delivery supplement?
Apologies, but I don't understand what you mean - instructed to do what a day in advance?

No, you don't, nor will you work a week in hand for your delivery supplement. The additional overtime (SSPR) will be paid a week later as it is paid in line with our overtime, which is a week laid.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3732
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by yellowbelly »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:This thread makes me want to weep.
me :arrrghhh

Is it really 6 years I have been explaining this http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ry#p255597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
TBT - why not make it a 'Stickie' thread somewhere? :thumbup

YB
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

delivery suppliment

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

steve1873 wrote: Also, D2D's are done on a weekly basis. So you wont ever be doing them the way he described. You will do a set percentage on a Monday, set percentage on a Tuesday etc... )

I would suggest you read the d2d agreement, there is no set amount to be done each day, the opg is allowed to manage how he delivers d2d, as I have said, as long as no overtime is incurred due to it, he could do them all on a Monday if he wanted, and that would be in compliance with the d2d agreement