No-one should feel like they have to take crap, whatever position they're in. As long as you do the job as directed, use cut off procedure if necessary, they cannot sack you.bandit1157 wrote:Seem to remember a list like that in our office. I must say it inspired me [to bring more tracked back] When asked if there was nowhere to leave them my reply was
"I am not compromising the integrity of the mail just so your figures look good" the subject was never mentioned again. With the useless inept excuse we have at the moment managing us there are lots of little victory's to be had. After 40years working I am fortunate to be in a position where I can afford to take no crap at work.
Feel sorry for the younger one's with kids, morgages etc because that's what management rely on to apply pressure.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Displaying performance
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
Not even different pairings, but on the vanshare I often do, one duty consistently has way more packets than the other. No problem when sharing the duties as I normally do, but if we do it separately (only when I'm working with certain uncooperative twonks) then the driver's duty is finished quite a bit before the passenger's - and that's including doing the passenger's big packets.ted_e_bear wrote:Yeah total bollox there's too many variables for example the walk pairing next to ours regularly has only half the amount of parcels our pairing gets so even if we deliver the same percentage of items then we're obviously going to bring more parcels back than they do, as usual the playing field isn't level.
And packets aren't quite as black and white as letters. Today for example, I had about the normal amount of packets I'd expect on a Friday, but over half of them were for the first maybe quarter of the duty, which is almost all blocks of flats so I was finished far quicker than you'd think if you'd had a glance at my packets in the morning. But of course, people sitting in an office plugging numbers into a computer don't understand things like that.
And to add on to that, blocks of flats generally don't have anywhere to leave packets, so I took back quite a bit more than I normally would (the rest of the duty is big houses with big gardens and lockable sheds/storage boxes etc - nice and safe....There are some who have sheds that are a bugger to get open, sometimes I wonder it's a bit TOO safe and they won't manage to open the shed again
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
Most walks have a regular duty holder so as far as I am concerned you might as well name the individual!robd wrote:I believe it is acceptable to highlight or display how the office or a duty is performing. However,it would become unacceptable or be deemed as bullying if individuals are 'named'
Walk performance seems to be the subject of our WTLL sessions atm with the worst performing duties and the best performing duties getting mentioned. Annoys the hell out of me!!
Walk performance has been displayed again this week - the subject of the 2D barcodes is the new the stick they're beating us with!!
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
I couldnt give a sh1t about achieving 1st time delivery targets. Its not required by the regulator and Im not walking up and down 3 long driveways on the off chance I can get rid of a parcel. Theres too much pressure to achieve this, tempting posties into doorstepping etc. I can see how it looks good achieving high percentage of 1st time delivery but is it not more professional treating the mail in a secure and sensible manner. It just annoys me how we're expected to just soak up extra work. Eg having to scan double the amount of items since 2d barcodes came in.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
if they really want to push me for 1st time delivery ill be happy to attempt delivery up and down the street for each packet... not sure how much of my delivery ill actually get done tho, but the stuff i did deliver id get close to 100% delivered :whistle
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
Displaying the performance as a section is acceptable but doing it individually raises issues
If someone brings back twice as many packets as someone else does that mean that their delivery is the pits and needs reviewing or that the postie is performing unsatisfactorily and needs counselling?? Hmmm... what a can of worms that has opened.
Whatever, if you can't get rid of the parcel then like in the song 'bring it back'. Honestly, I would rather bring 20 parcels back than work an hour past my time trying neighbours or even think about attempting risky safe places like over the back gate where the dog is
If someone brings back twice as many packets as someone else does that mean that their delivery is the pits and needs reviewing or that the postie is performing unsatisfactorily and needs counselling?? Hmmm... what a can of worms that has opened.
Whatever, if you can't get rid of the parcel then like in the song 'bring it back'. Honestly, I would rather bring 20 parcels back than work an hour past my time trying neighbours or even think about attempting risky safe places like over the back gate where the dog is
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
Delivering to neighbour is terrible if you ask me. I get on well enough with my neighbours so if a postie did deliver my packet to them I wouldn't be overly fussed, but then when you get home you have the same problem the postie had in the first place - trying to get your neighbour in to get your parcel off them!
I personally don't bother attempting with neighbours anymore unless the recipient has specified. If one person isn't in, then it's reasonable to assume the neighbours aren't in (people generally aren't at home around our working hours!), I've found (and I've seen a few others mention elsewhere) that neighbours are becoming less open to taking prolific parcel recievers parcels for them, and really, if I went to every neighbour for every packet, I'd be out there till tea time!
The whole 100% first time delivery target looks great in writing sure - but as soon as it's thought about for a split second then the higher ups should realise that it's just not possible for us to magically make packets appear inside people's houses for them, but hey, I guess the higher ups aren't paid to think are they!?
I personally don't bother attempting with neighbours anymore unless the recipient has specified. If one person isn't in, then it's reasonable to assume the neighbours aren't in (people generally aren't at home around our working hours!), I've found (and I've seen a few others mention elsewhere) that neighbours are becoming less open to taking prolific parcel recievers parcels for them, and really, if I went to every neighbour for every packet, I'd be out there till tea time!
The whole 100% first time delivery target looks great in writing sure - but as soon as it's thought about for a split second then the higher ups should realise that it's just not possible for us to magically make packets appear inside people's houses for them, but hey, I guess the higher ups aren't paid to think are they!?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
Theres also the issue that RM have said that D2N doesnt take any longer than not doing it....... breaking the laws of space and time :arrrghhh
-
salomon2
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
- Gender: Female
Displaying performance
We had these bar charts on Tuesday as well, but no one knows exactly what they mean! I got 15 out of 21, now when I asked is that 15 I did scan out of a possible 21 or 15 I didn't scan, I was met with a blank stare! No one knows which way round it is in our office! Does anyone on here know?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Displaying performance
"Shaming is a technique used by abusive people to divert attention away from their own behavior and issues by putting pressure on a victim so they can maintain control. The victim is put into an impossible situation, where they feel they are inherently flawed and so can never measure up to the standards being imposed on them, and therefore must dedicate themselves to attempting to make up for their ‘badness’ 
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Displaying performance
Off subject but, can you ask to get your frame moved , if someones really pissing u off
-
quota
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 Jun 2016, 21:19
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
Performance..
I've never felt so crap going into work, it's constant hassle daily .wow are they turning the screws on me..
My van share partner is totally screwing me over , I'm the driver and having 200 more delivery points than him really doesnt help, puts me so far behind him..but apparently it's MY performance that's crap..he's more than happy to let me take the blame..nice one mate..Sh*t on from a great height I would say..
I've never felt so crap going into work, it's constant hassle daily .wow are they turning the screws on me..
My van share partner is totally screwing me over , I'm the driver and having 200 more delivery points than him really doesnt help, puts me so far behind him..but apparently it's MY performance that's crap..he's more than happy to let me take the blame..nice one mate..Sh*t on from a great height I would say..
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
If you (the driver) have 200 more delivery points than the walker, get the DOM to swap the loops round so you do your partners loops OR get your partner to deliver the parcels if back to the van 1stquota wrote:Performance..
I've never felt so crap going into work, it's constant hassle daily .wow are they turning the screws on me..
My van share partner is totally screwing me over , I'm the driver and having 200 more delivery points than him really doesnt help, puts me so far behind him..but apparently it's MY performance that's crap..he's more than happy to let me take the blame..nice one mate..Sh*t on from a great height I would say..
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Displaying performance
i seem to say this a lot on this forum, but are you in the union ? go see the rep.quota wrote:Performance..
I've never felt so crap going into work, it's constant hassle daily .wow are they turning the screws on me..
My van share partner is totally screwing me over , I'm the driver and having 200 more delivery points than him really doesnt help, puts me so far behind him..but apparently it's MY performance that's crap..he's more than happy to let me take the blame..nice one mate..Sh*t on from a great height I would say..
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male