regularly go back to the office with 20 to 40 scanned items not downloaded including collection boxes as well on my round.
You take the battery out and reset but still shows suspended.
Aparantly we are in an area with a crap reception.
Once its put in the cradle back at the office it clears most of the time but sometimes next day its still not downloaded.
They are crap
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA Freezing Up
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
PDA Freezing Up
Partly correct.woopesh wrote:If it has scanned, there is a number in the middle on the top that will display a 1 and then go to 0 or tick up for every scan you make. Make a note of what's there (either a 0 or total number scanned) before you scan and check it goes up by 1.
You see, if on an occasion you have multiple scans for 1 address, say 4 scanned items, when you hit done this wont add 4 to the total number in top right. It will add 1, as the pda uploads the 4 scans as a single individual "job".
-
gfboots
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 19:56
- Gender: Male
PDA Freezing Up
I am sure you could have a separate forum just regarding PDAs!!
I am lucky if I go a full day without having PDA problems.
There is always some kind of fault with them.Items not sending /flat batteries.Com's not connecting problems.
A lot of times Freezing up/ problems at door steps.even some customers press random buttons by mistake when they are signing for items,making the pdas malfunction!!
I Think the main reason is they are "old" and worn out( a bit like some posties lol).
We have been told never to take the battery off,as it can interfere with previous scans that have been made on that day?You can't get enough charge in the van cradles between loops(i believe the main purpose of the charging cradles in the vans are just for "Sat nav" use, and not for the purpose of charging the pdas up?)
I am lucky if I go a full day without having PDA problems.
There is always some kind of fault with them.Items not sending /flat batteries.Com's not connecting problems.
A lot of times Freezing up/ problems at door steps.even some customers press random buttons by mistake when they are signing for items,making the pdas malfunction!!
I Think the main reason is they are "old" and worn out( a bit like some posties lol).
We have been told never to take the battery off,as it can interfere with previous scans that have been made on that day?You can't get enough charge in the van cradles between loops(i believe the main purpose of the charging cradles in the vans are just for "Sat nav" use, and not for the purpose of charging the pdas up?)
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
PDA Freezing Up
When it freezes up completely a soft reset can't be performed on my PDA.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
PDA Freezing Up
also on my PDA on bright days I cannot see the screen
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
PDA Freezing Up
Had a collection the other day the pda i used crashed over 10 times. Made me go over a hour
luckily its was a easy collection.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
PDA Freezing Up
I've heard that the new pda is much better but how is the roll out program going ? It would be nice to know how much longer we are going to have to put up with the cr@p we have.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
PDA Freezing Up
Everyone should have them by October this year according to various messages from Royal Mail. So Christmas 2020 is my personal bet.GT85 wrote:I've heard that the new pda is much better but how is the roll out program going ? It would be nice to know how much longer we are going to have to put up with the cr@p we have.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.