ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have i need to worry ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Have i need to worry ?

Post by arnold cheshire »

comeracing wrote:have a rural post office on my duty they get a fair few local collect items,a few months ago a delivered a local collect item there for a customer to pick up,but on the pda I touched the delivered or something else, instead of the local collect option,i got a verbal warning for this,now ive done the same on the 23rd dec,i handed over item to post office and did not press the local collect option,pressed something else by mistake,i knew straight away as a customer distracted me and I realised I had not pressed the local collect option,overall 2 silly basic mistakes and they both happened on mad Wednesday,what will the dom say ?
I'm talking about this post
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Have i need to worry ?

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

arnold cheshire wrote:
comeracing wrote:have a rural post office on my duty they get a fair few local collect items,a few months ago a delivered a local collect item there for a customer to pick up,but on the pda I touched the delivered or something else, instead of the local collect option,i got a verbal warning for this,now ive done the same on the 23rd dec,i handed over item to post office and did not press the local collect option,pressed something else by mistake,i knew straight away as a customer distracted me and I realised I had not pressed the local collect option,overall 2 silly basic mistakes and they both happened on mad Wednesday,what will the dom say ?
I'm talking about this post

then why quote 3 completely irrelevant posts which are talking about something else and then appear to try and correct them? Then claim you are talking about a different post when it's pointed out
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Have i need to worry ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Don't you just love it ?.....When you've been out for a 5-6 hour Delivery in atrocious weather, Blowing a gale and Pissing down. You come back soaking wet and cold and then some Dickhead comes out of their nice dry office and starts to berate you about some sort of PDA cock up. "It effects our Standard of service" Yeah like I give a shite! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Have i need to worry ?

Post by DB1100 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Don't you just love it ?.....When you've been out for a 5-6 hour Delivery in atrocious weather, Blowing a gale and Pissing down. You come back soaking wet and cold and then some Dickhead comes out of their nice dry office and starts to berate you about some sort of PDA cock up. "It effects our Standard of service" Yeah like I give a shite! :cuppa
I know mate.I go home and cry myself to sleep after forcing myself to read back editions of the courier to atone for my sins.
For we were soldiers once,and young