Yes.stan_lers wrote:also, does anyone know why people write "card only" on envelopes? are they trying to put us off opening them in case we think there's money inside
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tiny Christmas cards
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Glitter is probably more annoying, I finish delivering go home and get a shower or bath, then 6 hours later I notice a bit of glitter just chilling on my hand. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Then there is the fact that in the Antipodeans, and in the UK once upon a time, there was a separate rate for "Card Only" Postage and one of the requirements was that the card had to sealed and the envelope endorsed "Card Only"t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Yes.stan_lers wrote:also, does anyone know why people write "card only" on envelopes? are they trying to put us off opening them in case we think there's money inside
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
They are annoying. Cards overall are a pain but these tiny ones just take it to the next level
Off topic slightly but do you guys just bend cards that are too big for small letterboxes?
Off topic slightly but do you guys just bend cards that are too big for small letterboxes?
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Yes ..Anonymouse wrote:They are annoying. Cards overall are a pain but these tiny ones just take it to the next level![]()
Off topic slightly but do you guys just bend cards that are too big for small letterboxes?
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Cool. I have just been bending them to fit but every time I wait for the door opening and some busy body complaining 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
"curving" them thru the letterbox is acceptable, basically so long as you dont think you will damage or leave a permanent fold line down the item you should be fine
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
TBT I'm surprised that the card only tariff required the envelope to be sealed. I always imagined it to be the reverse which slightly explains the high proportion of xmas cards that are unsealed.
In my walksequenced this week I had a bunch of cards FROM a customer. She had her address on the top left of the envelope. By chance she was in her porch when I arrived so I pointed out that she should put her address on the back. She said she'd been doing that for 50 years and didn't see why she needed to change now!
In my walksequenced this week I had a bunch of cards FROM a customer. She had her address on the top left of the envelope. By chance she was in her porch when I arrived so I pointed out that she should put her address on the back. She said she'd been doing that for 50 years and didn't see why she needed to change now!
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Are tiny xmas made to insult people? I mean I would be insulted if that dropped on my door and they are no cheaper than a standard size card. I really cant understand why people choose to actually go out and buy these cards and why companies make them like that. Stupid.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
If pricing in proportion meant that A4 letters cost customers more to post than standard C5 letters - then why don't smaller letters than C5 be charged less than the C5 rate?? (assuming its still less than 100g and 5mm)
Cant disagree with the fact that very small cards often get lost in the bundles though
Cant disagree with the fact that very small cards often get lost in the bundles though
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.