ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

miss sorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: miss sorts

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Jpro747 wrote:I can understand going back to an address with the mis-sort when you have a van, but surely you can't be expected to deliver a mis-sort on a hct round?
If you have got time in your duty then yes
mudmonster
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: miss sorts

Post by mudmonster »

jimmynailsalive wrote:
postie1975 wrote:Anyone know if this could be classed as willful delay?

I understand if you finish duty 15 minutes early and drive back around the round to do them but what happens if your booking extended or growth on a round?

if finish times 14:10 and your going over 40 minutes to an hour sometimes more to complete are you honestly expected to do them?

We had a meeting the other day and there basicly telling us anything put back on the ips frame could be classed as wilfull delay.
We had a big warning a few weeks back that every bit of mail brought back must be stickered with a no access label and all mis-sorts to be left on the lino's desk. No more scribbling on them "under Enquiry" or just stickering the front one and banding them if it is a flat with multiple doors when you can't get in. I came back with well over a hundred letters one day and nobody would authorise the overtime for me to sticker them so I left the lot and nothing was said!
Does this apply to "Operational Needs" when their is too much to sort and it gets left for the next day??? :oops: :oops:
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Re: miss sorts

Post by toomuchcoke »

Jpro747 wrote:I can understand going back to an address with the mis-sort when you have a van, but surely you can't be expected to deliver a mis-sort on a hct round?
Depends upon the situation really. I can think of an address on one of the rounds I do where it could be a 10 minute drive to the bottom of the farm track, a 5 minute drive up the farm track to the house, a 5 minute drive back down the farm track and then 10 minutes to get back to where you where. If I was a manager, which I'm not[1], then I would probably regard it as being a acceptable not to go back with said item[2]. OTOH since said address would obviously be a prime candidate for a genuine case of Wilful Delay I'd be very suspicious if it happened all that often! Conversely there are addresses where it would be barely any time at all to get rid of a mis-sort and then I'd expect it to happen (absent a reasonable excuse[3]). For a HCT round, well the distances would be smaller but the time constraints would still apply IMHO - if it's only a bit out of your way, it should be delivered but if it's a massive impact then probably not.

Strictly my opinion, if you end up in a conduct code and relying on what I wrote above doesn't work then you are entitled to a full refund of everything you paid to get it! :whistle

[1] Wouldn't want to be either!
[2] Presuming it's not a Special or Tracked, obviously ...
[3] The previous comment about "If you didn't prep the round are you sure there's not a redirection in place" is well taken in my view.