ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

christmas bonus.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
purplesquirrel03
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jan 2015, 18:46
Gender: Female

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by purplesquirrel03 »

First Christmas at royal mail so just to confirm I'm 24 hour contract but I usually do 44 hour weeks so if I work at least 39 hours for the next two weeks I'll be entitled to full Christmas bonus?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

not if its overtime, the xmas bonus is based on contractual hours (even temporary ones) not actual hours.

No I don't like it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
purplesquirrel03
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jan 2015, 18:46
Gender: Female

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by purplesquirrel03 »

Thats such a kick in the teeth for everyone who puts the extra hours in. Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by DB1100 »

purplesquirrel03 wrote:Thats such a kick in the teeth for everyone who puts the extra hours in. Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.
You will get used to it,Royal mail aren't the caring employer that people seem to believe.
For we were soldiers once,and young
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by jimmynailsalive »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:not if its overtime, the xmas bonus is based on contractual hours (even temporary ones) not actual hours.

No I don't like it.
Think I'm getting shipped to a mail centre on full time hours for a couple weeks before Christmas so even if I'm a 25 hour contract, I still get 25/39 of the bonus?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jimmynailsalive wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:not if its overtime, the xmas bonus is based on contractual hours (even temporary ones) not actual hours.

No I don't like it.
Think I'm getting shipped to a mail centre on full time hours for a couple weeks before Christmas so even if I'm a 25 hour contract, I still get 25/39 of the bonus?
depends - as I say if they have offered you a temp 39 hour contract you'll get the full bonus. Check with the rep as he should know the plan
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: christmas bonus.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I hate that Bloody Word......."PRO-RATA"! :arrrghhh :mad

Bet the Directors don't get their Bonuses paid Pro- Bloody-Rata? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)