ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
personal matter...
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: personal matter...
You can ask your van sharing partner to skip 20 minutes break and then you can finish for 1.50 and pick up your sister. Not sure how long is your distance from work to sister house then hospital.
Your manager will ask why can't she go to hospital on bus/taxi then you can meet her there. (assuming they ask this question)
Your manager will ask why can't she go to hospital on bus/taxi then you can meet her there. (assuming they ask this question)
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
What concerns me here is that the OP even asks this (no fault of her own) question. The implication is that she always goes over/extends and it's assumed or expected of her that she will by her partner and/or DIM - therefore she has either not been informed of her right to work to time or is in a situation whereby she's afraid to follow the procedure to do so.
Agreed the carer rules should make this straightforward to arrange but I hope the OP is not faced by a barrage of bluster and objection by the lino/DIM especially as it's a Saturday and harder to get any shortfall covered on docket.
Agreed the carer rules should make this straightforward to arrange but I hope the OP is not faced by a barrage of bluster and objection by the lino/DIM especially as it's a Saturday and harder to get any shortfall covered on docket.
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
It's fairly obvious that I don't have an alternative, otherwise I wouldn't be enquiring.PHARRY wrote:ted_e_bear wrote:Err what's it got to do with you or anyone else where mum or dad or any random person who might be able to help are, op is the sisters carer. That's the sort of crap that our Dom would come out with, you don't actually need an excuse if you want to finish on time !PHARRY wrote:chillout1571 wrote:Hello, I am my sister's carer and on Saturday she has a hospital appointment at 3pm that she must attend and I'm the only person who can drive her and take her.
My contract is meant to finish at 2.30pm, however we never finish that early. I must leave at that time on that day. Is there any leanience in this matter? Could I bring back the post?
Thanks,
Sarah
Where's mum or dad ?
Or where's auntie uncle cousin grandfather
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
Make it quite clear to your manager that this Saturday you absolutely will not 100% be working over your time on Saturday. Then when Saturday comes if the mail is heavy or you don't believe you can complete within your time, then inform him & he'll have to make arrangements.chillout1571 wrote:Hello, I am my sister's carer and on Saturday she has a hospital appointment at 3pm that she must attend and I'm the only person who can drive her and take her.
My contract is meant to finish at 2.30pm, however we never finish that early. I must leave at that time on that day. Is there any leanience in this matter? Could I bring back the post?
Thanks,
Sarah
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
I don't mind saying this but you are the most obnoxious poster I've seen on here. It has NOTHING to do with you where her relatives are how DARE you pry into her life in such an accusing manner? If you said that sort of thing to me at work I would report you officially.PHARRY wrote:
Or where's auntie uncle cousin grandfather
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
Just in case the actual procedure isn't clear....chillout1571 wrote:Hello, I am my sister's carer and on Saturday she has a hospital appointment at 3pm that she must attend and I'm the only person who can drive her and take her.
My contract is meant to finish at 2.30pm, however we never finish that early. I must leave at that time on that day. Is there any leanience in this matter? Could I bring back the post?
Thanks,
Sarah
If you need to finish on time and feel that there is too much work to get through then inform your line manager as early as possible
You should then have a discussion about how much work you will be able to manage and hopefully come to an agreement on what you will take
The manager should then arrange cover for any remaining work
However....
If no agreement is possible then inform your manager you will be finishing at your contracted time and ask him or her what they wish you to take out
Get a contact number for your manager and while on delivery ring them at an arranged time to inform them whether or not you will manage to complete the work given
If you don't have time to complete it is then up to the manager to make arrangements to get the surplus work covered to enable you to finish work on time - ie - send someone out to take some off your hands
If the manager does not make these arrangements then bring any undelivered work back to the office at your designated finish time.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: personal matter...
This has nothing to do with the overrunning deliveries procedure and everything to do with her rights as a carer for a disabled relative.CharlesSpooner wrote:
Just in case the actual procedure isn't clear....
How is the overrunning deliveries procedure going to help if the next appointment with a specialist is at 11.30?
The Branch should have a disability champion who should ensure the DOM knows what the OPGs rights are.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
rusty nails
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
PHARRY wrote:ted_e_bear wrote:Err what's it got to do with you or anyone else where mum or dad or any random person who might be able to help are, op is the sisters carer. That's the sort of crap that our Dom would come out with, you don't actually need an excuse if you want to finish on time !PHARRY wrote:chillout1571 wrote:Hello, I am my sister's carer and on Saturday she has a hospital appointment at 3pm that she must attend and I'm the only person who can drive her and take her.
My contract is meant to finish at 2.30pm, however we never finish that early. I must leave at that time on that day. Is there any leanience in this matter? Could I bring back the post?
Thanks,
Sarah
Where's mum or dad ?
Or where's auntie uncle cousin grandfather
I bet her auntie uncle cousin or grandfather wouldn't call you a bell end. Bell end.
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
Thank you for all your feed back. I told the manager today, but he didn't really respond and told me to tell him in the morning. We had a light day today, and finished at 3. I'm pretty sure I can get to the second to last loop by 2pm. Then it's a 30 min drive from where we deliver to the depot. So I'll have to leave it at 2pm. Should I go in slightly earlier tomorrow to get things rolling?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
How did you get on?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
PHARRY wrote:chillout1571 wrote:Hello, I am my sister's carer and on Saturday she has a hospital appointment at 3pm that she must attend and I'm the only person who can drive her and take her.
My contract is meant to finish at 2.30pm, however we never finish that early. I must leave at that time on that day. Is there any leanience in this matter? Could I bring back the post?
Thanks,
Sarah
Where's mum or dad ?
WTF??????
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: personal matter...
greengiant wrote:How did you get on?
I got out on time thankfully, however mainly due to my partner being great and us hurrying around like headless chickens. The answer was if I didn't end up doing my bit, he would have to finish for me. So I was conscious I didn't want to leave him any either. But of a nightmare, but okay in the end.