There is a small difference between your situations: easties' second round is now a lapse. Folks will do most of the parcels but someone has to do the large parcels and tracked (for accountability).Surreypostie wrote:That is all you can do, I would advise, being nice, offering to help them out and pointing out that you don't want to work past your time but you are willing to do as much as you can in your time to help out. Tend not to get too much confrontation that way. What yoyu are doing is also what I do, just my delivery, the other goes on docket and I leave all the large parcels and tracked items for the overtime boys, if they want paying for it they are doing the work.eastie wrote:They changed it .I don't do my usual loops as the other frame is on lapsing . I just deliver my frame now like the old way . But they want me to do all the large parcels specials and empty the boxes on the lapsed walk and the schools . I will just cut offSurreypostie wrote:Are you the walker or driver? I am the walker, rarely my driver is off and they can get no cover. I do the parcels and tracked items for my duty. I do the specials for my duty. If I have time I offer to do the specials for the other duty. I leave my lapsing. The walking duty should be the larger of the two duties and the driver does the smaller loops to give them time to do all the stuff you can't carry on your trolley. If your duty is the driving duty that's different, however, they cannot make you work past your time.
We have the two scenarios in my office...
2 lapsed walks:
one is done like eastie - the walkholder for spare round preps the two rounds including d2ds and parcels but does not do redirection, he takes bigger parcels, tracked and a smaller lapse
second - another postie (not the one opposite) usually same postie (with a singleton round) preps the round, does d2ds (most of the time), parcels and redirection. The opposite postie does IPS, takes out large parcels and tracked and a smaller lapse.
* Specials are done by the Firms drivers as part of their lapse.
The problem eastie has is that, he will probably finish on time*; so there is very little to argue about. *You make up time by not being part of a shared walk - and my assumption includes swings and roundabouts...