That was a typo on my part.paulthepostie wrote:.Jefferson Starfish wrote:£405 multiplied by 52 = £18,630.
As people have mentioned above it's not based on 52 weeks but 34 which equals £13770.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ill Health Retirement
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: Ill Health Retirement
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Sorry to be nosy mate was that just under £18000?. Getting out of Royal Mail may be an option coming to me soon as after 14 years and a year and a half of problems, my body can't take anymore. They've just piled even more work on to us all and we all use hct's,which is the problem, as so many people are on long term sick.spiderj wrote:I got just under that,on 25 hour contract.
Feel so much better now.
I wish you all the best for the future mate!.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Cheers fella.
With everything all in it was just shy of 16 k which I was happy with as I was 25 hours with 3 years in the job.
Got to think how long will the current ihr be available?

With everything all in it was just shy of 16 k which I was happy with as I was 25 hours with 3 years in the job.
Got to think how long will the current ihr be available?
I won
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
That's true especially when Royal Mail is fully privatised next April!. Did you manage to get full pilon as well and holiday pay in that?. As i say sorry for being nosey i'm just curious in case the worse happens to me mate. I think the shares are currently worth about 3 grand to which gives you a nice healthy 19k. Most of the people i speak to who are out of Royal Mail seem a lot happier. The atmosphere is shocking now and unbearable.spiderj wrote:Cheers fella.
With everything all in it was just shy of 16 k which I was happy with as I was 25 hours with 3 years in the job.
Got to think how long will the current ihr be available?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Full pilon and all annual leave owed
I'm still not healthy but I'm a dam site happier

I'm still not healthy but I'm a dam site happier
I won
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Hahaha..thanks for the reply. Give it time and sure you will get your old self back again. Congrats on escaping the asylum!spiderj wrote:Full pilon and all annual leave owed
I'm still not healthy but I'm a dam site happier
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Just one last question spider if you don't mind. Was that 16k figure including your shares as well, or just ihr money?.
That's the last question on the money i promise
. What are you doing now have you anything lined up, or you taking it easy mate?. 
That's the last question on the money i promise
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Ill Health Retirement
16 k give or take a smidge was everything,not amazing considering what my situation is but also not bad in the scheme of things.
As for what I'm doing now....
Claiming contributions based ESA and halfway through another thing which I can't discuss but is working out okay .
I'll start looking for work or go back to college and retrain probably next year before I am able to do so.
I'm lucky tho.my misses has a good job and we have zero debt.idnbe stressed if we did lol.

As for what I'm doing now....
Claiming contributions based ESA and halfway through another thing which I can't discuss but is working out okay .
I'll start looking for work or go back to college and retrain probably next year before I am able to do so.
I'm lucky tho.my misses has a good job and we have zero debt.idnbe stressed if we did lol.
I won
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Bloody hell i thought it was around 19k-20k including selling your shares. That's the impression i got from the guy who was ihr in my office, he had been there 28 years. I don't think that is good at all.
Saying that though you were part-time (25 hours) from your earlier posts, I'm on a 39hr contract and have been since about 3 years after i started (14 years nearly in total) so i think that it would probably be a little more.
Nice to hear there's life outside Royal Mail and things are going well for you. Thank you for your time and replies!.
Saying that though you were part-time (25 hours) from your earlier posts, I'm on a 39hr contract and have been since about 3 years after i started (14 years nearly in total) so i think that it would probably be a little more.
Nice to hear there's life outside Royal Mail and things are going well for you. Thank you for your time and replies!.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
You can only claim ESA for 6 months as it's not means tested. After that you will go onto income-based ESA which will be bugger-all as your partner works...spiderj wrote:16 k give or take a smidge was everything,not amazing considering what my situation is but also not bad in the scheme of things.
As for what I'm doing now....
Claiming contributions based ESA and halfway through another thing which I can't discuss but is working out okay .
I'll start looking for work or go back to college and retrain probably next year before I am able to do so.
I'm lucky tho.my misses has a good job and we have zero debt.idnbe stressed if we did lol.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Ill Health Retirement
That's not true,but I'd rather be pain free
I'm out now.
Moving on,but still pop in for a nosey.
I'm out now.
Moving on,but still pop in for a nosey.
I won
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Cheers Spider, you've been a great help!. I'm struggling on at the moment, albeit with difficulty, but I'm preparing for myself in case the worse should happen. Keep in touch be good to hear from you.