ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
I'm not saying manager should bank hours, but I certainly don't bother booking 20 mins on a Wednesday of I've finished an hour early on a Tuesday. as I said, this only works, if you are able to make time on some days, but some offices don't allow you to finish early on the quiet days, so I can understand why people won't work over on the busy days. It just works in our place and everyone is reasonably happy with it
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Re: Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
WORST POST EVERBishbashbbosh wrote:I'm not saying manager should bank hours, but I certainly don't bother booking 20 mins on a Wednesday of I've finished an hour early on a Tuesday. as I said, this only works, if you are able to make time on some days, but some offices don't allow you to finish early on the quiet days, so I can understand why people won't work over on the busy days. It just works in our place and everyone is reasonably happy with it
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
A Manager cannot Bank hours! Full stop.Bishbashbbosh wrote:I'm not saying manager should bank hours, but I certainly don't bother booking 20 mins on a Wednesday of I've finished an hour early on a Tuesday. as I said, this only works, if you are able to make time on some days, but some offices don't allow you to finish early on the quiet days, so I can understand why people won't work over on the busy days. It just works in our place and everyone is reasonably happy with it
If you don't bother to book 20 mins ; what does that lead to?
When you get back early. Ask the DOM what you can do to fill your time. If he says that there is nothing to do and you can leave ; then no recourse.
Otherwise do as directed and work until time.
It is not a hardship.
Why are jobs lost?
You answer the blindingly obvious
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
2nd'dwoofwoof wrote:WORST POST EVERBishbashbbosh wrote:I'm not saying manager should bank hours, but I certainly don't bother booking 20 mins on a Wednesday of I've finished an hour early on a Tuesday. as I said, this only works, if you are able to make time on some days, but some offices don't allow you to finish early on the quiet days, so I can understand why people won't work over on the busy days. It just works in our place and everyone is reasonably happy with it
time's time, it's up to them to find us work that day if done early, my only gripe is most non drivers are already heading off home when the drivers get hit with been told to work a full shift on a light day,
though in the curry'er other month it definitely states if you complete your own duty early you are free to go straight home.
management & union won't confirm the correct procedure, as now, this rule only complies to non drivers.
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
"everyone is reasonably happy with it" You mean there's more ?Bishbashbbosh wrote:I'm not saying manager should bank hours, but I certainly don't bother booking 20 mins on a Wednesday of I've finished an hour early on a Tuesday. as I said, this only works, if you are able to make time on some days, but some offices don't allow you to finish early on the quiet days, so I can understand why people won't work over on the busy days. It just works in our place and everyone is reasonably happy with it
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing - Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin June
To be honest, I don't want my manager to find me 20 mins of mind-numbing work to do on a Tuesday, I'd rather get off early and do some useful work on the Wednesday to make up for it. I'd rather be out delivering than chucking in bloody d2d's and it nice to have an early finish some days