ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue Shirts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Blue Shirts

Post by DB1100 »

scoobydo79 wrote:What were the first signs of skin cancer Guys? If You dont mind My asking.Was it like they say.,odd shape mole,itching that kind of thing?
My brothers was a sore that wouldn't heal,always red, only small tho.
For we were soldiers once,and young
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Blue Shirts

Post by DB1100 »

Lincox wrote:Perfectly, I also get a 6monthly check up for the rest of life. The hospital took photographs of my entire body (poor feckers who look at them) and they check any change in moles etc and check for any occurrence of change in the lymph nodes, so I have now gone 8 years since last op and hoping this will continue.
Excellent Lincox,I've had a camera down the throat and one up my backside when they thought I had cancer after a couple of low iron counts when I went to donate blood,I cannot begin to describe the thoughts that go thru your head when they start taking samples from the back off your throat and then the waiting till you get the results,I go for check ups every 2 years and I know what it's like to go thru it but the sense of relief afterwards is one of the best feeling's ever,I hope your test's continue to come up negative like I hope mine do,I cringe when I see people laughing about getting sunburnt,if only they knew.
For we were soldiers once,and young
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Blue Shirts

Post by spiderj »

Had a ball checked,turned out to be testicular torsion and a scary wait for a lump that was removed from my mouth...

Turned out okay but what was a pain was the arce of a lino that made a snide remark.

Made him sweat for a few months for that one.
I won
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Blue Shirts

Post by Lincox »

Believe it or not, an Australian Soap probably saved my life. Was watching home and away and a Doctor had a mole on his back which he had checked. Turned out to be malignant melanoma. He left it to long, got into his lymph system and he was given months to live. I am covered in moles on back and chest, but I had always been concerned about a couple in the middle of my back which used to bleed a bit if I caught them, this was in my teens, early twenties. I had not had any problem with them for years but had noticed that one in particular had a small side growth beneath the skin. The scare above shocked me in to going to the Docs. Lovely Spanish Lady who took one look at them and immediately got me an appointment at the skin clinic at local hospital. Was in within the week, and they did the operations immediately, got the biopsies analysed which came back positive malignant melanoma. I was sent for screening of the lymph nodes etc, which fortunately were clear. The recommendations were that a further op was needed to remove more skin and deeper into the effected areas to make sure that any cancerous tissue was totally removed. This was done within the next fortnight. Since then have had several other moles and skin blemishes removed which fortunately have not been malignant. So count myself a really lucky person and in debt to an Australian Soap.