ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!

Post by bogstandard »

debs6363 wrote:I do a town delivery with an HCT, my lapsing is the large parcels for my duty that won't fit in my HCT. In other words, when I get back to the office after I've walked my round with my trolley, I get a van, pick up the parcels and go out again. Anyway, this morning was a busy day, as per ( I didn't leave the office until 9 ) no DOM about, so I told the cage bod that if I was back in time to lapse I would, but it was looking unlikely. He said he would tell DOM. I got back to the office at 14.40 having had no break, only to see my parcels still sitting there. I considered taking them out and booking o/t for it, but there was no-one around so I couldn't even get a van key and I wasn't about to take them out in my own car. So I just wrote a note explaining it all and put it on DOMs desk. I wouldn't normally worry too much but there were a couple of tracked parcels there. Now I'm worrying what I'll walk into tomorrow. Did I do the right thing?
If you have the facility available why not try an email to your DOM telling them you're at work and there is no manager and there are packets waiting to go out, that you're going home and you've had no mr.
Notes can be "mislaid" phone calls can be "forgotten" or "misunderstood", an email has the time and the date on it and you have a copy too and you could cc in your rep. :Very Happy
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!

Post by deristrong »

Well? Did you get a bo###cking!!!!!?
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!

Post by BingBong »

Lapsing. :left:
Toon Army!
Puppetmaster
Posts: 440
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 19:56
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing-will I get a bo###cking!!!!!

Post by Puppetmaster »

In 13 years service never knew DOM or linos had company phones you could ring them on ,definitely number was not generally available ,a bit like Managers.