ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cutting, when moving to another office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Cutting, when moving to another office

Post by arnold cheshire »

spiderj wrote:Nothing wrong with working out the maths to see if its worth it.
Everyone financial situation is different.
put some money aside for a new car and maintenance
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Cutting, when moving to another office

Post by spiderj »

arnold cheshire wrote:
spiderj wrote:Nothing wrong with working out the maths to see if its worth it.
Everyone financial situation is different.
put some money aside for a new car and maintenance
Just bought one,and doing so,but ain't buying a car for this job as I'm close to my parent office.the misses uses it.
I won
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting, when moving to another office

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Leebest112 wrote: Is it right though, that there are normally walks available in my office but they are going to people on overtime
and then im being sent elsewhere?

Should the spares be put on a walk first? Then if there's any left afterwards, put them on overtime.
I want to have a moan about this to my manager but i know my contract says i may have to work in other offices
so im not sure if i can really argue.
.
It may be logical to us but it makes sense to the Area Manger. Your DOM's probably been told that he's GOT to send someone to help out at this other office. This is normally due to them being short staffed. We all tend to just see our own little world, but the Area Managers have obviously got the bigger picture in mind. I've been to offices which were 6 posties short in an office of about 20! It's nothing Personal, you're just an easy target, being part time and not having your own duty. If you don't want to go just use the worse case scenario option. I once traveled to a nearby office, prepped the duty, including the Households and all the mail left from the day before (it had been failed). I then told the DOM by the time I'd taken my Meal Relief and traveled back my contracted hours would be finished. "No thanks can't do any overtime I need to pick the kids up"! I wasn't asked to go back to that office....So it's basically how you want to work it. If you don't kick up a fuss and make it easy for them you can probably look forward to quite a bit of traveling about! :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)