I cant explain it any easier - you only get a full years leave if you work a full year. If you only work a certain fraction then you are only entitled to the same fraction of your annual entitlement.Carlito wrote:Ok I'll ring HR and see what they say.
When you say only accrued 2.5 days what do you mean?
Thats why I saidCarlito wrote:I'm owed 13 days from last years holidays entitlement so I must surely be entitled to claim that back but I can't see any way that I would owe them anything? The week I had off last week was from this years entitlement.Thanks
So if you have had 5 days leave then they will either take that off last years entitlement leaving you with 8, plus any accrued leave from this year. Or they take the 5 days off this years, meaning you owe, which MIGHT come off last years entitlement as you carried it over.what I wrote:However, they may be willing, if you are, to mitigate the amount you owe with some of the 13 days from last year.
Its complicated - speak to HR to get a definitive answer.