ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

EVR

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by OnAFlyer »

4 from our office leave tomorrow, all with 12 weeks PILON. the least senior only has 10 years, nobody else wanted to go.
2old4this
Posts: 130
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by 2old4this »

stroller wrote:old4this.

were you pleased with your figures? I am 55 in 17 months time, and don't know to go wit 104 weeks VR or take a massive gamble and wait until I am 55 with enhanced figures and 26 weeks compensation, but the MTSF is up for review and there might not get it offered again.
They've enhanced my pension and given me 9 wks PILON. Thought I was meant to get 6 mths as well but apparently not.
Been given a leaving date for next month but I haven't signed anything or been given anything in writing.
dark diamond1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 18
Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 07:54
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by dark diamond1 »

I'm really p****d off, both of us in our office (37 years each) told them we want to go (first week in February), We have been told we are guaranteed to go, yet have not been given a date yet, how do they let you know, Dom, letter to your house from HR ?????

Have been given our figures for lump sum, comp, and pension, just need a leaving date, know of people in this area who are away next Sat (4th) and have less years service than us.
pj2001
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by pj2001 »

2old4this wrote:
stroller wrote:old4this.

were you pleased with your figures? I am 55 in 17 months time, and don't know to go wit 104 weeks VR or take a massive gamble and wait until I am 55 with enhanced figures and 26 weeks compensation, but the MTSF is up for review and there might not get it offered again.
They've enhanced my pension and given me 9 wks PILON. Thought I was meant to get 6 mths as well but apparently not.
Been given a leaving date for next month but I haven't signed anything or been given anything in writing.
Your entitled to 26 weeks pay as compensation for accepting evr otherwise your leaving on a poor deal.
2old4this
Posts: 130
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by 2old4this »

pj2001 wrote:
2old4this wrote:
stroller wrote:old4this.

were you pleased with your figures? I am 55 in 17 months time, and don't know to go wit 104 weeks VR or take a massive gamble and wait until I am 55 with enhanced figures and 26 weeks compensation, but the MTSF is up for review and there might not get it offered again.
They've enhanced my pension and given me 9 wks PILON. Thought I was meant to get 6 mths as well but apparently not.
Been given a leaving date for next month but I haven't signed anything or been given anything in writing.
Your entitled to 26 weeks pay as compensation for accepting evr otherwise your leaving on a poor deal.
I have worked it out, even if I had taken my pension now at 58 and then taken 2 yrs VR on top it still wouldn't be as good as the deal I've been offered, that said I still haven't had the figure put in writing I was just shown the amount on the computer. So untill its there in writing and I sign nothings can be taken for granted. But I will ask our rep tomorrow to find out for sure about yhe 6 months. Luckily our office and area rep are both good.
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by stroller »

2old4this

I have sent you a PM, can you read it if you get a chance
2old4this
Posts: 130
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by 2old4this »

stroller wrote:2old4this

I have sent you a PM, can you read it if you get a chance
No problem.
dark diamond1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 18
Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 07:54
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by dark diamond1 »

Still not had a date for leaving, can see me emailing Moya to ask WTF going on !
2old4this
Posts: 130
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by 2old4this »

Got my paper work through this morning. Is the solicitors all done over the phone and do you still get the options as to how you want your pension lump sum and monthly pension or do you have to have the one in the paper work.
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: EVR

Post by Patti-Ann »

My friend and I are thinking about early retirement. However we have been told this is only for full timers. Surely it can't be right that part timers are forced to stay till they are 66? Isn't this discrimination?
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6702
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: EVR

Post by RobertT »

Patti-Ann wrote:My friend and I are thinking about early retirement. However we have been told this is only for full timers. Surely it can't be right that part timers are forced to stay till they are 66? Isn't this discrimination?
EVR is a form of redundancy which the over 55’s can be offered in return for an enhanced pension. VR would only be offered to the under 55’s or someone who isn’t in the RM Pension Plan.

Whether VR/EVR is offered at all would depend on the staffing levels of your specific office and whether RM want to make savings by reducing hours within that office. That is generally done by reducing full time staff because it is more cost effective to the business.
However you can take your RM pension (and any other pension you may have) any time after 55 although you will have to take a reduction for early payment.
Otherwise there is nothing stopping anyone from giving up work whenever they want to other than their own personal finances.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here