ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail HGV jobs?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Royal Mail HGV jobs?

Post by arnold cheshire »

DB1100 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
DB1100 wrote:From what I hear Stobarts are a terrible firm to work for,and they certainly get their money's worth out of you,HGV driving is a terrible job,even being on delivery is better.
so are royal mail. with their bullying from managers most days.
I was tramping all over the Country for a long time when I first came out the Army and I saw the haulage industry go downhill,if they offered me a brand new scania or volvo to go back I wouldn't dream of it,working for royal mail on delivery is far better,if you really want to go driving lorries try and work for a big supermarket but be quick because they are all going contract hire,I drove for Ross frozen foods for a while but that went to contract and was ruined,I don't think it will be long before the big stuff at royal mail goes to someone like stobarts,then you will see some changes,and not for the better.
tesco use stobarts i didnt say i wanted to go driving lorries
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail HGV jobs?

Post by Pompey Boy »

Is anyone making these comments a HGV 1.2 or 3 driver for RM?
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!