ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

b and h continues

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Budfrog
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19

Re: b and h continues

Post by Budfrog »

Bullying and Harassment goes right up the ladder with many managers being bullied by other managers but it is far worse in some areas and functions than others. You really need to look at the type of person employed at senior salaried level to see what behaviours their subordinates will adopt. We have seen many culpable managers moved from one area to another when found guilty of B&H but very few actually being sacked or demoted which just demonstrates how seriously the business takes the problem. In fact they would sooner manipulate the figures and employ mediators to try and mask a problem that has been endemic in RM for many years. Amazon seems to be the favoured employer for many 'managers' of a certain type who leave RM ... I wonder why.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: b and h continues

Post by spiderj »

Aye,wonder why indeed.
Their skill set isn't even that great.
But hey ho.

They've been trying to get me out since last July and I'm still here.
:cuppa
I won
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: b and h continues

Post by DB1100 »

Cyclopz wrote:DB I like your signature, it says a lot.
Thanks Cyclopz,
For we were soldiers once,and young
postslippete
Posts: 4202
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: b and h continues

Post by postslippete »

DB1100 wrote:I do mate and I get no end of grief for it,what I find hard to believe is that so many people just roll over and accept it,most of our office come in early,they give all the excuses about,how it's for their benefit and it suits them,but it all boils down to the fact they they are scared of getting the sh1te I and the few others get,they moan about not being made up to full time but they can't see that they are the reason nobody is getting made up,they moan about the walks being too long,yet they come in hours early in order to complete them.I feel your pain spider,it's a pretty poor job at the minute pal,largely due to the spineless people who work alongside us.

Its not often I read a post which I completely agree with, but if I was to describe our section then this would be it...

There are too many guys either coming in early or rushing round just so that they can finish early. They do it because they have always done it that way; and more's the point they get a quiet life without any hassle from managers. But what they don't realise is that in the long term it is actually counter-productive with bigger rounds, additional lapsed duties and more pressure to get the mail delivered on that day. It puts pressure on line managers to ensure that these additional lapsed duties are covered which is then relayed to the pressure being put back onto staff, to the extent that it leads to bullying/harassment from the manager in question in all its forms.

The Royal Mail is a business which wants a profit for its shareholders. We already have 2 collapsed duties on a daily basis. Now this might be a little dig at another post on a different topic but for those posties who like being paid 39 hours work and are only seen to be doing 34; why should WE all face another collapsed duty to cover just so that you can get home an hour early everyday???? :no no :no no
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.