ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

So I thing that I will begin in Bedford on Ford End take the car and go to woottoon SPDO?? Is that correct??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Your induction will be in Bedford - this is an introduction to Royal Mail and the CWU. But your first day actually working (rather than in a classroom) will be at the SPDO, the next working day.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

So induction I have tomorrow in Peterborough.
Then on 11 i have to be in Bedford office on Ford End
and then on 12 in WOOTTON SPDO
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jokerpc wrote:So induction I have tomorrow in Peterborough.
Then on 11 i have to be in Bedford office on Ford End
and then on 12 in WOOTTON SPDO

I have no idea, your letter should advise you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

jokerpc wrote:So induction I have tomorrow in Peterborough.
Then on 11 i have to be in Bedford office on Ford End
and then on 12 in WOOTTON SPDO
Ring the number on the letter you received :cuppa
Hammer59
Posts: 33
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by Hammer59 »

The reason you are reporting to Ford End Rd is probably to pick up your initial equipment I.e. High vis jacket and pouch. You will then go to Wooton SPDO to commence your training I would think. At the side of the Cost cutter shop/ Post office is a parking area the SPDO is down here on the right behind a set of metal gates.