ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

problems with booking annual leave.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: problems with booking annual leave.

Post by rubberbond »

mobydick1974 wrote:Its amazing how many people only join the union when they need us... I bet most of the time its the old story of... I don't need to be a member...what can they do for me...waste of money...blah blah blah.
My opinion is that this is a issue which has accrued before becoming a member so he should not be represented this time round.
No good locking the barn door when the horse has bolted.
The union should be pro active and seek permission to talk to new recruits on their induction. That's what happened when I joined this illustrious organisation, however I was going to join anyway ,but the point stands,so,there!
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: problems with booking annual leave.

Post by rubberbond »

mobydick1974 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
mobydick1974 wrote:My opinion is that this is a issue which has accrued before becoming a member so he should not be represented this time round.
No good locking the barn door when the horse has bolted.

No good cutting off your nose to spite your face.
My opinion is that you don't recruit members by hanging them out to dry, The union needs every member it can get, I don't care how or why they come to us, just that they do.

Hang them out to dry.... I always go round my office every month and ask non members if they wish to join, they have a choice. I also tell them if the s**t hits the fan then don't come running to the cwu, we don't back date problems, we offer you protection once your a member...its not ' o I'm in trouble i'll join the union'.
Joining the union is a insurance policy...you may never need us but we are there when you do.
Use this NON UNION MEMBER as a example to others
That's not true.