sophie97 wrote:Ive never had any problems with dogs, fact is, if you are confidant around them, they wont bother you, aside from the 1% that are nuts. I hear so many stories of posties hitting them, kicking, running. Fact is dogs are faster and more agile so you are playing into their strengths.Dorset Plodder wrote:Dogs..... Hate the little bastards!Had the same thing the other day, rung the bell, customer opened the door and the dog ran straight out and started running around me barking! "He won't hurt you he says"! Too late I'd already twatted the little bastard with the bundle of mail I had in my hand. Dog went of whining....I thought, "Yeah you just say something"!
if I walk into a garden, and a dog runs at me, I litteraly just stand my ground, dog will run up to you, if its aggressive it growl and snarl and by this point the owner is usually out having heard the barking.
Absolute garbage! I was bitten by a dog that grabbed me after jumping over a brick wall and sent me flying. Also one of our guys was bitten on the leg on Saturday by a dog who dod bark or growl and the owner was present at the time. If a dog is going to bite it will no matter what.