Plenty of 'red diesel' about on the farms.rubberbond wrote:Not supposed to use the expensive diesel either,just the standard stuff,as they get charged a cheaper price for it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Filling up vans
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Filling up vans
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
Only I use the van so I can only moan at myself
Saying that, I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
Our main office has its own diesel pump, but our SPDO is 8 miles away
Saying that, I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
Our main office has its own diesel pump, but our SPDO is 8 miles away
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Filling up vans
Some SPDOs have fuel cards for the local garage.dave72 wrote:Only I use the van so I can only moan at myself![]()
Saying that, I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
Our main office has its own diesel pump, but our SPDO is 8 miles away
Some SPDOs fill up from the diesel pump at the main Delivery Office.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
What is the 're-gen' light please?dave72 wrote:I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Filling up vans
It's only the new vans that suffer from this, it's the diesel particulate burner in the exhaust that needs re generated every few hours/days.Bahia Feliz wrote:What is the 're-gen' light please?dave72 wrote:I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
Fiat Doblo vans need the engine cleaning every 80 miles-ish. Takes 10 minutes for it to do, revs the engine 2000 for 10 minutes. Looks very professional parked up streetside with then bonnet up and it revving its nuts offBahia Feliz wrote:What is the 're-gen' light please?dave72 wrote:I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
All because they wouldn't pay for the £100 filter
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
Would you buy it?OnAFlyer wrote:Ours only needs filling every 3-4 weeks, it's 5 years old and has done less than 12,000 miles!J Whiteside wrote:Our vans are filled every Tuesday and Friday so are never low on fuel
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
Or buy petrol vans.dave72 wrote:Fiat Doblo vans need the engine cleaning every 80 miles-ish. Takes 10 minutes for it to do, revs the engine 2000 for 10 minutes. Looks very professional parked up streetside with then bonnet up and it revving its nuts offBahia Feliz wrote:What is the 're-gen' light please?dave72 wrote:I usually come back from my day off to the bloody re-gen light on
All because they wouldn't pay for the £100 filter
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
Does depend on usage, if you're lucky and get a nice 70mph^W60mph blast down a dual carriageway at the right point it'll clean itself. Worst case it happens just after you've done a large amount of walking on a cold day and first you have to manually rev it to 2-3000rpm to get the engine warmed up enough that it will re-gen. Plus I'm sure everyone always put the bonnet up first right?dave72 wrote:Fiat Doblo vans need the engine cleaning every 80 miles-ish. Takes 10 minutes for it to do, revs the engine 2000 for 10 minutes. Looks very professional parked up streetside with then bonnet up and it revving its nuts off
Probably wasted more than that in fuel by now, but I don't think Royal Mail management really get the concept of "total cost of ownership"? (Though if I'm being fair, I'll concede they're hardly unique in this.)dave72 wrote:All because they wouldn't pay for the £100 filter
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling up vans
My van is on retention and I take it down the motorway everyday there and back and hit 60mph on a 15 mile round trip. Still needs re-genning every weektoomuchcoke wrote:Does depend on usage, if you're lucky and get a nice 70mph^W60mph blast down a dual carriageway at the right point it'll clean itself. Worst case it happens just after you've done a large amount of walking on a cold day and first you have to manually rev it to 2-3000rpm to get the engine warmed up enough that it will re-gen. Plus I'm sure everyone always put the bonnet up first right?dave72 wrote:Fiat Doblo vans need the engine cleaning every 80 miles-ish. Takes 10 minutes for it to do, revs the engine 2000 for 10 minutes. Looks very professional parked up streetside with then bonnet up and it revving its nuts off![]()
We've also tried the revving, still no joy
Oh, and the re-gen can only be done when the temp gauge is halfway. I know you're supposed to do the re-gen straight away but I do it at the end of the shift while emptying the van off now
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Filling up vans
Just a little up date on this nitro diesel chapsmaisymoo04 wrote:Doesn't bother me I just bang £107 in me van every week using me shell drivers card ,points make prizes spesh when u put nitro diesel in triple points![]()
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"