We still sing that now!winds the managers up a treatnoggin1969 wrote:Going off the subject a bit :We used to sing " Bring it back " to Molokos - Sing It Back but we aren't allowed to now as it was classed as B&H against the line managers"Watching me watching you". We used to sing it to the tune of Abba's Knowing me knowing you.
Now we are not allowed to.![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Snitches
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Snitches
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Snitches
I feel sorry for informers, not only are they informing on people either through fear generated by oppressive management, or fear through feelings of inadequacy. They are usually also afraid of their colleagues finding out and targeting them. Its a sad and lonely world not one I would inhabit, I'd rather leave than be considered an informer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Snitches
We probably all have our line in the sand.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: I'd rather leave than be considered an informer.
I wouldn't hesitate to "grass" on someone stealing money from cards.
"Grassing" someone dumping their D2D to get someone else in trouble wouldn't bother me either.
I know a lot of people like to think they are gangsters, but we're not the mafia.
There are worse things than a grass in RM.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Snitches
You are right your line's are very close to mine. Illegal stuff, or attempts to divert blame on to someone else are despicable.
The wording of my post was poor, perhaps I should clarify that I don't like people who tell managers every little occurrence, or perceived slight against them. If someone calls me a name or does something that offends me, I tackle them, I certainly don't go to a manager and complain.
The wording of my post was poor, perhaps I should clarify that I don't like people who tell managers every little occurrence, or perceived slight against them. If someone calls me a name or does something that offends me, I tackle them, I certainly don't go to a manager and complain.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Snitches
bad enough having managers watching your move without colleagues trying to stitch you up
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Snitches
Always a dilemma. My current partner has been complaining (and lying ) about me.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You are right your line's are very close to mine. Illegal stuff, or attempts to divert blame on to someone else are despicable.
The wording of my post was poor, perhaps I should clarify that I don't like people who tell managers every little occurrence, or perceived slight against them. If someone calls me a name or does something that offends me, I tackle them, I certainly don't go to a manager and complain.
He is a nightmare to work with . Yet I see him doing things that are appalling. Such as signing for Specials.
I've said nothing ; but I do wonder
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Snitches
No need to wonder or mention it to anyone because sooner or later he'll be found out as soon as a customer complains and they willhampshireman wrote:Always a dilemma. My current partner has been complaining (and lying ) about me.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You are right your line's are very close to mine. Illegal stuff, or attempts to divert blame on to someone else are despicable.
The wording of my post was poor, perhaps I should clarify that I don't like people who tell managers every little occurrence, or perceived slight against them. If someone calls me a name or does something that offends me, I tackle them, I certainly don't go to a manager and complain.
He is a nightmare to work with . Yet I see him doing things that are appalling. Such as signing for Specials.
I've said nothing ; but I do wonder
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Snitches
The touts in our office benefit by (a) getting the leave they want (b) getting a bank holiday Saturday off and their duty is lapsed (c) getting one of the easiest walks in the office if they are floaters.Dorset Plodder wrote:We have a couple of "Runners" who the Manager goes to when he wants to know how long a particular Duty should take. Then he says to you, "Well I've been told that Duty should only take X amount of time"![]()
I just point out that we don't all work at the same speed and he shouldn't believe all he hears. I agree that I can't see what these assholes get out of it... "Brownie Points"? What good are they to anyone?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
tiggle
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Female
Re: Snitches
postslippete wrote:bad enough having managers watching your move without colleagues trying to stitch you up
when I first started at royal mail I thought nobody liked me because of the amount of snitching that went on all of it for minor errors .its something id never experienced elsewhere to such an extent.recently I was taken to task by a manager over some remarks id made at a union meeting,he told me nothing happens or gets said that he doesn't know about within 10 minutes,nothing chamges
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Snitches
We once had a meeting of about 30 unit reps with our area reps, and our manager knew what had been discussed at that meeting by the time we got back to our DO.tiggle wrote:recently I was taken to task by a manager over some remarks id made at a union meeting,he told me nothing happens or gets said that he doesn't know about within 10 minutes,nothing chamges
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Snitches
Bet it wasn't the Area guys though keeping their seat sweetclashcityrocker wrote:We once had a meeting of about 30 unit reps with our area reps, and our manager knew what had been discussed at that meeting by the time we got back to our DO.tiggle wrote:recently I was taken to task by a manager over some remarks id made at a union meeting,he told me nothing happens or gets said that he doesn't know about within 10 minutes,nothing chamges