ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Don't you just love this company? When you think your DO has the biggest bunch of Dickheads in Royal Mail you can come on here and discover that there's other DOs that have even BIGGER DICKHEADS working in them! :crazy:

I firmly believe that most of these idiots aren't even aware of the damage they do. At the moment I'm trying, by covert methods, to educate members of the DO that we have to move to a system where we are guided by the length of our contract.....and try to get away from these old ideas of, "This is MY duty", and I have to squeeze in extra IPS, lapsing & any extra work AND then Run around trying to get MY duty completed in the same amount of time! :arrrghhh

What is with these idiots that they seem incapable of saying," NO I have no time to lapse", "NO I'm not working my day off because we're short of staff", "NO I don't want the Overtime I'll be Cutting Off and bringing it back"? Although I try to educate my colleagues I'm coming to the conclusion that some just won't take telling. I therefore do my thing and(surprisingly don't get picked on by the manager) because he knows that I'm fully aware of what he can, and can't do! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by piranha »

Agree but it will never happen, why would management stop people giving them time for free?
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by Jpro747 »

The problem is with these idiots they are only looking out for themselves, they can't see the bigger picture and you try to educate them and it just goes straight over their heads.

I really can't see why anyone would want to come in early and work for free, its completely beyond me. Management will just give out more lapsing, and in the end you would still go home knackered anyway.

Anyone that comes in early (especially the ones who come in when they are on hols to put in d2d) is a complete sad case. Get a head check and more importantly get a f**king life ffs! :arrrghhh
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by Cedar_Room »

We have one comedian who comes in approx an hour early every morning.

He's a part timer that is supposed to start about 8am but is in with the full timers.

Obviously due it him not actually supposed to be there he doesn't do IPS or the prepping of any other walks he just jumps straight onto his own.

Usually see him wheeling his yorkie out to the yard around 09:30 whilst I'm having my break... :crazy:
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
thehobbit
Posts: 76
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by thehobbit »

had one on sat came in well early , shouting that i was not working hard enough and that i was lazy and he skived off from the IPS early and when ever he could get away with it ( I was not I came in on time and did what I was expected to, no more no less) he took no breaks and left before time ( I took my break and left when I was ready on time ), we are all expected to come back to the depot to sign off , I saw him going home at 12 30 our finishing time is 2 pm on sat ,I still had 2 loops to go, then tooting his car horn as he passed just to rub it in, checked the signing out sheet when I got back 1/2 hour past my time (booked it but would have much prefered to finish on time unfortunatly my Park and Loop partner does not want to rock the boat by cutting off and its not worth arguing as we get along ok apart from this needless to say he did not come back.
while I will not intentionally drop any one in . why o why will the management not manage these piss takers :sad: :sad: can it be that they are scared of them and always take the easy route
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by terry2972 »

i think if somebody did that to me i would have words with him and he wouldn't be doing that again apart from anything else it is a form of bullying or harassment only been in job 7 months and I can not get my head round why anybody would work for nothing
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by PHARRY »

trav65 wrote:we have people come in 3 hours early on a Monday to prep door to doors, then come in early every day after that,then complain when we double and triple lapse. I have even seen postmen out on delivery when I am going to work,and they start at the same time as me.i have also turned up for work and been the only postman there the rest are already out on delivery,so we lose rounds out of the d.o because says the dom everybody is finishing early.i have even been called into the doms office and asked why I have to be different to everybody else? easy I am not stupid,and yes I have been bullied and harassed by dom like you would never believe,but every dog has is day.



IF YOU CANT BEAT EM JOIN EM you must be daft being last postman there
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Ban early birds coming in the DO.

Post by dave72 »

DOMS should go and pull all of the mail out of their fittings :left: