ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When will lapsing stop?
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Can the union not call a meeting to discuss these issues at local level more often ,we never get told anything just seem to get walked all over 
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: When will lapsing stop?
But what more can the union do?holly123 wrote:Can the union not call a meeting to discuss these issues at local level more often ,we never get told anything just seem to get walked all over
They have been asking us for many years to do the job correctly,this started long before park & loop,when we (me included) were using our own vehicles for delivery.
Since then the savvy ones amongst us have realised that if we do not work all our paid hours then RM,as expected,are going to come for that spare time. Collapse more walks & dish out more lapsing.
Unfortunately a huge number of the workforce are still running around like its 2006,cutting every single corner going & playing right into their line managers hands.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
What's the problem, you are paid till a time. If you have time then lapse, if you don't have time then you don't.
Yes, managers can try and pressure you, most do, but as long as you are working at a decent pace there's nothing they can do.
Yes, managers can try and pressure you, most do, but as long as you are working at a decent pace there's nothing they can do.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1536
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Because the DOM and Linos say you're lapsing and nearly everyone does it. We even had a gate meeting the other week with the rep and he said it's in disagreement as we're above model week, went back in and the majority still did it so they could finish early!jimmy c wrote:why has it got nothing to do with it anymore?
-
She Raa
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 19:39
- Gender: Female
Re: When will lapsing stop?
nob headsHitcher wrote:Because the DOM and Linos say you're lapsing and nearly everyone does it. We even had a gate meeting the other week with the rep and he said it's in disagreement as we're above model week, went back in and the majority still did it so they could finish early!jimmy c wrote:why has it got nothing to do with it anymore?
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
If lapsing is a year round thing, why don't they offer a VR?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Because they rather you died first costs them nothing.Tuffers1875 wrote:If lapsing is a year round thing, why don't they offer a VR?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
How quaint, the name changes, the amount stays the same,.GoingRoundTheBend wrote:Summer lapsing has indeed come to an end![]()
We are now in Autumn lapsing
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
It pointless trying to convince people to do the job properly they must like doing extra I personally like my meal breaks I do the job as requested ie dtn and sometimes work over but I don't do lapsing even on a Tuesday I put more d2d in to take me up to my time as we are paid for a set time
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Even though I'm on a 30 hour contract (4 x 7 hrs 30 mins per week) I still had to take my absorption despite being on a 7 hour 48 min rural duty. Not surprisingly I didn't have time to do it so I brought it back.
It does make me wonder how the management work out who has got time to do absorption because sometimes I don't get any and other people do.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Be careful, you could be pulled up for that. You are supposed to take 1/6th of D2D per day, not extra on a Tuesday (or any other day) to avoid lapsing.terry2972 wrote:It pointless trying to convince people to do the job properly they must like doing extra I personally like my meal breaks I do the job as requested ie dtn and sometimes work over but I don't do lapsing even on a Tuesday I put more d2d in to take me up to my time as we are paid for a set time
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
It's ok we don't do lapsing still get bus to get to my walk lol
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Obviously a big factor in lapsing is people not doing the job properly and creating the scope for it.
However, there are several offices within a 20 mile radius of ours that DO NOT LAPSE - EVER. I know and trust several people in these offices and they say that lapsing is an unknown concept in their unit. Finish work over an hour early every day, just like the old days.
However, there are several offices within a 20 mile radius of ours that DO NOT LAPSE - EVER. I know and trust several people in these offices and they say that lapsing is an unknown concept in their unit. Finish work over an hour early every day, just like the old days.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1536
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: When will lapsing stop?
It wont last though.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: When will lapsing stop?
Actually its not certain that he'll be pulled up. The 2010BT agreement had this paragraph:OnAFlyer wrote:Be careful, you could be pulled up for that. You are supposed to take 1/6th of D2D per day, not extra on a Tuesday (or any other day) to avoid lapsing.terry2972 wrote:It pointless trying to convince people to do the job properly they must like doing extra I personally like my meal breaks I do the job as requested ie dtn and sometimes work over but I don't do lapsing even on a Tuesday I put more d2d in to take me up to my time as we are paid for a set time
Now if you have a local agreement that certain D2Ds must be delivered on certain days then yes you could fall foul of that. But if, like my office, no formal local agreement has been made then there is nothing they can do as long as all are delivered within the week, and no claim overtime was based on the D2Ds.In order to provide the foundation for this approach and ensure customer confidence in the core product, Door to Door will become a 52 weeks a year product. There will be no change to the current D2D work plan and all items will continue to be available for delivery from Monday onwards. Whilst the planned workload will be spread across the 6 days, delivery employees will have the ability to manage the delivery of the items themselves on the proviso that all items are delivered within the week and the delivery specification is not affected.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.