ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Some quick advice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Some quick advice

Post by Lincox »

meechan13 wrote:Thanks for all your help guys , I'm in too see a higher manager (no idea what his exact title is now seems to change on a weekly basis ) tomorrow so I've took everything on board and with my Union rep tomorrow we have a meeting . I'll keep you informed of how it goes . my rep seems confident that I've done nothing wrong so hopefully clear things up in the morning .
This completely sickened me today , it's the last I'll be putting in so many hours for them
I would suggest that as a minimum outcome, that you request a full WRITTEN apology from the line manager, and a written confirmation from the manager carrying out the hearing that this will not effect the renewal of your fixed term contract. I would speak to your rep before the hearing and make sure that he puts this over at the meeting and emphasises the fact that this manager has used bullying and harassment tactics to cover up his own failures and to make sure that he is warned not to contact you at such ridiculous hours of the day demanding that you get out of bed or whatever it is you were doing, at the drop of a hat when you have already been allocated your duty.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Some quick advice

Post by datasaint »

Averaging that many of hours I'd say you're lucky that amount of work is offered your way. I hate scraping for hours as PT.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Some quick advice

Post by kirstyx »

hope it went well for you