ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sore feet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Sore feet

Post by k979aaa »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
fly-catchers wrote:One thing I do find with insoles is that my toes feel more squashed and tend to rub. Apart from packing the shoes with crumpled up newspaper to help to stretch them is there any other ideas I can try?

In the forces I used 2 tricks. 1 was to spend time flexing and bending the shoe for some time. The other less savoury method, and you may not wish to do this - is too urinate on them.
Your taking the piss are you not. :left:
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sore feet

Post by krussel »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:is too urinate on them.
A few at my office seem to do this at the urinals anyway. :Sick :Sick :Sick
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
A RoyalDen
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by A RoyalDen »

You know what !!!! .....We should not have to be suffering from sore or bad feet because of the job we do, when I and maybe most of us when we first started we got asked if we can read and ride a bike, when they took the bikes away ,we never got asked if we are willing to walk all the miles we have to do, a manager told me a few years ago that I will not like the new way of working as it going to be a young man's job, now in my late fifties it is a struggle ,but then even the youngsters are telling me it is a struggle, footballers would get looked after if they were feeling like we do, but not us postmen and women ,we get home sit down and struggle to get up and walk again and the same again when getting up out of bed to go to work, my wife said if horse's were treated like us it would be classed as animal cruelty ,so what are we ?......earning our wages until we fall down.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sore feet

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes I am not too sure whose altar we are being sacrificed on.

The Firms for the ever greater rush to more efficiency or the Unions quest for keeping as many full time members as possible. :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
burtons
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 67
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 21:32
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by burtons »

the footwear we have isnt great.magnums wear out fast,yds ok,anvils made my feet very sore,but seem ok now after a couple of weeks breaking them in.i i found cat trainers comfy,but didnt last.when i started back in 1996 they did dm boots/shoes and clarks shoes.boots very comfy and soft leather unlike now,and clarks like slippers anyone remember them?
GoingPostal86
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by GoingPostal86 »

Due a new pair of shoes and I've no idea what to go for this time. Had Cats boots first time round and they left my feet soaking, second time round I had Cat trainers, same problem plus fell to bits quickly and last time I had the Anvils trainers. After delivery my feet are usually on fire in the Anvils and I've started to get shooting pains from my toes and up my legs but they seem to keep the water out better. Completely confuddled this time round :crazy:
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by ewancurze »

I have got Anvils, and to me they are the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have ever had, they hurt across the toes and I just can't seem to get them "worn in",Cats are OK but as you say not waterproof,Magnums are OK.
Every one who has tried the YDS trainer that I know of says they are the best...hope my Anvils wear out soon so I can find out myself!
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by Justanotherstar »

Bought myself a pair of Goretex Reebok's... waterproof,light and very comfy!

Although the walk i'm covering is a bitch, full of hills and 30 foot drives ways so I still ache all over...just not as much as when I was wearing those bricks they call YDS...

I tried a pair of inner soles in the YDS but then there was no space for my foot...lol
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Sore feet

Post by GT85 »

I take a size 10 in everything but my first pair of YDS were killing me under the ball of my foot and squeezing my little toe. Ordered a new pair size 11 and have also fitted alternative insoles and now much more comfy. :thumbup
We're all here because we're not all there
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by scoobydo79 »

Bloody Anvils.No matter how much I wear mine they feel like they just came out of the box.Does any one buy their own footwear?What do You recomend?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Sore feet

Post by spiderj »

scoobydo79 wrote:Bloody Anvils.No matter how much I wear mine they feel like they just came out of the box.Does any one buy their own footwear?What do You recomend?
Karrimor :thumbup
I won
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by scoobydo79 »

spiderj wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:Bloody Anvils.No matter how much I wear mine they feel like they just came out of the box.Does any one buy their own footwear?What do You recomend?
Karrimor :thumbup
Spider which ones do you have?Thers quite a few and there are some good deals to be had right now :hmmmm
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Sore feet

Post by spiderj »

Depends on your feet mate

I wear ksb /Orkney boots in the piddling rain and anything with a vibram sole
I also wear trail shoes/approach shoes but a size bigger as I've got to wear orthotics

Try Amazon warehouse deals /blacks/go outsors or even tk maxx

Also try different types of sock
Anti blister,work socks,just not the dreaded sporty whites
I won
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by scoobydo79 »

Cool thanks I will have a look :thumbup
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sore feet

Post by scoobydo79 »

Hmm it seems Karrimor may have been taken over by sports direct and as a result they are not of the same quality they used to be.Any one else buy their own.?
I may just part with My own cash and buy Nike.What should we all be looking at ? Running/jogging trainers or stout hiking boots?They need to be comfortable but hard wearing but what make is both?