ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redelivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Redelivery

Post by Biker Mouse »

clashcityrocker wrote:So is this one the up to date version?
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/recei ... redelivery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't say you can't have Special Delivery delivered to a different address.
When did it all change? (Have I been asleep for a few years?)

And if I take the SD redelivery to a Post Office, do they have to sign for it?

It's under "Getting Started" click on the + sign and it's there. Not in plain sight though.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Redelivery

Post by Lounge Lizard »

clashcityrocker wrote:So is this one the up to date version?
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/recei ... redelivery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't say you can't have Special Delivery delivered to a different address.
When did it all change? (Have I been asleep for a few years?)

And if I take the SD redelivery to a Post Office, do they have to sign for it?
Thanks Clash.
So I couldn't find it because it was an old version.
Interesting though that
(a) the "For security reasons, Special Delivery™ and Royal Mail Tracked® items cannot be redelivered to another address" formerly gave Tracked the same status as Special Delivery in this respect which is no longer the case and
(b) RM didn't even know what a postcode is stating that "A postcode area is the first half of your postcode, for example, in the postcode M1 9PG, the postcode area is 'M1'" when 'M' has always been the postcode AREA, 'M1' has always been the postcode DISTRICT, 'M1 9' has always been the postcode sector and 'M1 9PG' has always been the postcode. :crazy:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Redelivery

Post by clashcityrocker »

You can book a Redelivery online, it couldn’t be simpler!

I'm not sure I concur.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.