Sidley wrote:Forgive me if I'm being dense, I'm off with the lurgy so I'm not at my sharpest, but wouldnt we be off anyways seeing as it's Boxing Day?
No because Saturdays are not classed as Bank Holidays so when they are due on a Saturday they move the official day to a Monday. https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as confirmation
Really? Been doing this 15 years, and I can't ever remember working the 26th.
Extremely tight arsed that they haven't arranged the sat as a non service day this year. But then I suppose all the people who make these decisions will have about 2 weeks off anyway so why would they care?
pinstripe wrote:Does anyone know if our kind employers are make a request to OFCOM that Saturday 27th December be a non service day?
Or will we have a nice, easy, DOM free Saturday?
September is far far too early for management to be thinking about December but it'll be just like Christmas 2008, Thursday 25th off , Friday 26th off , Saturday 27th working and Sunday 28th off .
And fifty First Class stamps for working hard all year .
it'll be my long weekend sarnied in between, 5 days off
Sidley wrote:Forgive me if I'm being dense, I'm off with the lurgy so I'm not at my sharpest, but wouldnt we be off anyways seeing as it's Boxing Day?
No because Saturdays are not classed as Bank Holidays so when they are due on a Saturday they move the official day to a Monday. https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as confirmation
Really? Been doing this 15 years, and I can't ever remember working the 26th.
Extremely tight arsed that they haven't arranged the sat as a non service day this year. But then I suppose all the people who make these decisions will have about 2 weeks off anyway so why would they care?
Weren't not working the 26th this year, Saturday is the 27th.