ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

chances of a full time job

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: chances of a full time job

Post by arnold cheshire »

Rumple wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Rumple wrote:10 years and waiting. F'in joke. I do plenty overtime every week and lose out on holiday weeks because of the p/t contract. Always in Royal Mails favour.
can you please explain how you lose out on holiday weeks ?
Because my holiday pay doesn't reflect my actual working week (about 45 hours). When on holiday I get 32 hours. 13 hours difference.
lose out on pay yes i understand
Gills_Postie
Posts: 61
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: chances of a full time job

Post by Gills_Postie »

Ive been at RM for six and a half years, 32 hr contract. We had our revision last year and six posties on 32 hrs got made up to full time, I just missed out. I believe it wont happen now especially after privatisation, they are looking to save hours all over the place not give extra out. Sad state of affairs.