ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Almost there
-
beezet
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
same from me another 2 years and ill have worked the same as you roll on 65
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Almost there
Maybe boring but I like to find the aircraft wrecks up there,have fun mate anywayrhino49 wrote:you don't have to look out for peat bogs on Bleaklow - they look out for you !!!DB1100 wrote:Good luck mate,I might see you on bleaklow or black hill one day,I've got a few pairs of cat boots stockpiled for my retirement or EVR,take care and watch out for peat bogs.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
Don't go Rhino, 65 is the new 50
have a long and happy retirement. 
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
Some nice walks from Shere, lovely place.baldrick wrote:Congratulations on making it to 65! Enjoy your retirement, you are lucky to live near the Penines with some great walking. I like walking too, but have to travel out of London to be able to walk anywhere scenic. I have bought a Senior Railcard and try to get out of London for a walk at least once a week, usually to the Essex or Kent coasts.
I hope you keep in touch on this board, you have been one of the more thoughtful and interesting contributors on here. Best wishes for a long and happy retirement, you have earned it.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Re: Almost there
Good luck mate on your retirement you've earned it,hope you still look into the forum now and again. 
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Almost there
noones anymore than a week away from leaving 
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Almost there
Good luck to you Rhino, time to start chilling I also have enjoyed your company on this board and appreciate your input and comments, keep checking in matey...

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Almost there
Luck Barsteward - enjoy your Freedom.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
tonymackem
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 22:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
Have a great retirement Rhino,i have been gone 18 months now, legs well on the road to recovery all the best
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs
have a great retirement mate 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
OAP til you're 66bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs![]()
have a great retirement mate
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
I know matedvbuk55 wrote:OAP til you're 66bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs![]()
have a great retirement mate
![]()
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.bluealbert wrote:I know matedvbuk55 wrote:OAP til you're 66bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs![]()
have a great retirement mate
![]()
![]()
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
I wouldn't hesitate mate,time for you to relax and enjoy,I think if I was in your shoes I'd go nowdvbuk55 wrote:I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.bluealbert wrote:I know matedvbuk55 wrote:OAP til you're 66bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs![]()
have a great retirement mate
![]()
![]()
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
I hear you blue, but I have a reasonable work life balance and after more than 50 years working it has become a habit like smoking and drinking neither of which I do and when it becomes a chore or they ask me to go I'll leave.bluealbert wrote:I wouldn't hesitate mate,time for you to relax and enjoy,I think if I was in your shoes I'd go nowdvbuk55 wrote:I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.bluealbert wrote:I know matedvbuk55 wrote:OAP til you're 66bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs![]()
have a great retirement mate
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()