ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is the answer?!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: What is the answer?!

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

terry2972 wrote:I can't understand it use your trolley and no lapsing come in early carry and loads of lapsing I know I would be using a trolley are these people worried about their jobs? Or just like doing extra work?

generally they are not doing extra work, job and knock still in place up and down the country(unofficially of course)
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: What is the answer?!

Post by jack »

freelunch wrote:In our DO the answer is to let the managers manage.
In our DO I sometimes wonder how the DOM manages to piss, never mind managing an office :cuppa
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: What is the answer?!

Post by Lincox »

You can go to any City, Town, Village and you will see people using bags. Sometimes the bags are huge (not necessarily heavy), but why do they struggle around holding a bundle in one hand, PDA hanging from the wrist in another, Bag strapped to their backs, just so they can save a few steps walking between houses, across lawns, over walls. It just does not make sense.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: What is the answer?!

Post by Cedar_Room »

The answer is...well...there isn't one. :crazy:

If you were to conduct an anonymous survey I'm positive that the findings would reveal that a high percentage of our colleagues will tolerate as much extra lapsing as RM can throw at them as long as it isn't their duty that gets absorbed + they get their early dart on a Saturday.

So many posties are addicted to the early finish it's untrue,even more so on a Saturday & you can add to that figure again when the suns shining.

The people that make me laugh the most are the inconsistent ones,I mean if you're a runner,you're a runner you can't do the job right on some days but change the rules when it suits your circumstances or it happens to be weekend. :dance

I had a lad walk past my frame today making a big deal of 'going for his break' - this is the same lad that skipped it on Friday due to him having Saturday off & was racing past me in the van at 13:00,finishing 90-mins earlier than he should have done. :Applause :Applause :Applause
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”