When reporting a dog attack you should avail yourself of the following report forms, complete them then hand them in to your manager. Plus ensure that the attack is entered onto the ERICA system.
No 14 is a Royal Mail Service Delivery Dog Attack Report Form
No 15 is a Royal Mail service Delivery Police Dog Attack Report Form
Both forms should be completed and handed into management for them to action upon.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by brothermagrew on 05 Jul 2014, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
There seems to be a "sudden" rise in posties being bitten by dogs lately, as over the past few weeks posties have been posting the attacks on the forum. Or is it that they are coming to prominence on here because of this? 
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
or it could be the time of year, dogs are more likely to be out in sunny weather.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:or it could be the time of year, dogs are more likely to be out in sunny weather.
Yes, my missus is always out in the garden at this time of year....
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
It will get worse now the kids are at home as they swing the doors wide open and let gnasher have his moment of fame. Or in our case "pain".wabbithunta wrote:There seems to be a "sudden" rise in posties being bitten by dogs lately, as over the past few weeks posties have been posting the attacks on the forum. Or is it that they are coming to prominence on here because of this?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
Yeah true, summer time and kids at home playing silly buggers. I should've engaged my brain before posting that.
The thing is we have dogs that do this kind of crap all year round as their "owners" don't control them, or just can't be bothered. We've refused to deliver to a few places on several occassions, and they only notice no mail being delivered after about a week or so! When they ask why they've had no mail they are told the reason why and then say "my dog isn't like that.." "don't worry, he's friendly.." etc etc.
Only once has somebody actually apologised after their daughter and her b/f were walking the dog - and it wasn't on the lead - when we were delivering, despite being told not to even let the dog out into the garden until after the mail was delivered! He actually came into the DO to make the apology.. and to collect his mail.
A dog warning card is on the frame for that particular animal and is also listed in the walk-log along with about ten other potential dog threats.
Management response when this happened: "We'll get a letter draughted and you can deliver it with their mail"
Us: "You are joking, right!" and an instant refusal from us to do so!
The thing is we have dogs that do this kind of crap all year round as their "owners" don't control them, or just can't be bothered. We've refused to deliver to a few places on several occassions, and they only notice no mail being delivered after about a week or so! When they ask why they've had no mail they are told the reason why and then say "my dog isn't like that.." "don't worry, he's friendly.." etc etc.
Only once has somebody actually apologised after their daughter and her b/f were walking the dog - and it wasn't on the lead - when we were delivering, despite being told not to even let the dog out into the garden until after the mail was delivered! He actually came into the DO to make the apology.. and to collect his mail.
A dog warning card is on the frame for that particular animal and is also listed in the walk-log along with about ten other potential dog threats.
Management response when this happened: "We'll get a letter draughted and you can deliver it with their mail"
Us: "You are joking, right!" and an instant refusal from us to do so!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
I was bitten by a German Shepherd on New Years Eve. The owner was in the garden with it so I thought I was safe and I had known it since it was a pup. The dog circled me a couple of times and then leapt at me biting my upper arm, if it had been a bit higher it would've ripped off the side of my face. Luckily being winter I had my stormproof coat and thick wooly jumper underneath. I hate to think what my arm would've been like if it had been summer and I was in shirt sleeves. My arm was badly bruised but skin intact. I reported it to my manager by phone so didn't complete the appropriate forms myself. I told him that there was no way I or anyone else at our office was going to deliver mail to the premises. So he wrote a letter to the owners and told me to deliver it!!!! (I refused). I kept detailed photos of the nasty bruise but no-one asked to see the wound or asked how I was and the owner never apologised.
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
It's strange, I used to find when ever I had any RM uniform on, dogs I see every day would behave in an aggressive manner, when ever I see them without uniform they were fine. Never could quite work it out.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
All dogs are reincarnations of dead RM management.
How long it takes them to reincarnate as a dog from their first reincarnation at the bottom of the ladder as a s**t dwelling tapeworm would depend on how much s**t they dealt out as a human.
Karma is a bitch.
How long it takes them to reincarnate as a dog from their first reincarnation at the bottom of the ladder as a s**t dwelling tapeworm would depend on how much s**t they dealt out as a human.
Karma is a bitch.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3230
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
I think its the red. Just like bulls.janitor wrote:It's strange, I used to find when ever I had any RM uniform on, dogs I see every day would behave in an aggressive manner, when ever I see them without uniform they were fine. Never could quite work it out.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
when we wore blue dogs didnt like the postie even blue bags not red like nowAcca Dacca wrote:I think its the red. Just like bulls.janitor wrote:It's strange, I used to find when ever I had any RM uniform on, dogs I see every day would behave in an aggressive manner, when ever I see them without uniform they were fine. Never could quite work it out.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Bitten by dog today, what do i do next?
Dogs can't tell colours apart in the same way we do. They aren't technically colour-blind as everything isn't grey to them, but red and blue would both look almost exactly the same colour to them.