You should get a day's paid special leave to attend funeral of immediate family - parents, siblings, or children.korky wrote:my line manager quickly swapped my day off to coincide with my mothers funeral!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LEAVE TO ATTEND FUNERALS
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: LEAVE TO ATTEND FUNERALS
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: LEAVE TO ATTEND FUNERALS
ok got my manager to check today and in the latest version dated 26 feb 2014 the part about uncle/aunt HAS been removed so no special leave A i'm afraid
BUT it does state employees should be allowed reasonable time off when bereaved
then at the end for other relationships with the deceased any time off granted would be unpaid or taken as annual leave
so I would go back and ask for it unpaid or as annual leave - it is a reasonable request - get your rep involved - you might not get it paid nut you are entitled to go to a family members funeral!
BUT it does state employees should be allowed reasonable time off when bereaved
then at the end for other relationships with the deceased any time off granted would be unpaid or taken as annual leave
so I would go back and ask for it unpaid or as annual leave - it is a reasonable request - get your rep involved - you might not get it paid nut you are entitled to go to a family members funeral!
-
swintontillidie
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 14:14
Re: LEAVE TO ATTEND FUNERALS
I emailed Moya Greene last night and received a reply within thirty minutes saying she would look into it.Day off today but shortly after 930 received a call from my union rep informing me that Moyas PA had telephoned the DOM first thing about the matter.I was given three options,a days leave,come in for part of my duty and receive full pay or special leave without pay.The money is irrelevant under the circumstances,I'm just glad that I can attend the funeral after all the hassle I've had.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: LEAVE TO ATTEND FUNERALS
DOM's going to love you from now on.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: LEAVE TO ATTEND FUNERALS
Good result,well done,I hope the funeral goes well.swintontillidie wrote:I emailed Moya Greene last night and received a reply within thirty minutes saying she would look into it.Day off today but shortly after 930 received a call from my union rep informing me that Moyas PA had telephoned the DOM first thing about the matter.I was given three options,a days leave,come in for part of my duty and receive full pay or special leave without pay.The money is irrelevant under the circumstances,I'm just glad that I can attend the funeral after all the hassle I've had.
For we were soldiers once,and young