Simply put unable to obtain where the signature is expected. If asked why it is obviously explainable.BernardBresslaw wrote:I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
how does he open the door?dvbuk55 wrote:Simply put unable to obtain where the signature is expected. If asked why it is obviously explainable.BernardBresslaw wrote:I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
If they can't come to the door then P739, if the PDA locks up, back to pen and paper, if the dom wants you to jump through hoops with it, he can do it himself.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
That only applies in the real world, not RM. You should see the management trying to complete the mental and semantic gymnastics that implies an unspoken spiritual contract between sender and recipient with a side order of fiduciary voodoo.zx135 wrote:Don't forget the customer is the sender not the recipient
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
Do it by the book, get it on the docket and you won't be out of pocket.norm wrote:Scenario A) customers instructs you from window to sign for rec as they are in bathroom.
Scenario B) PDA locks up as you are getting signature, meaning 4 minute reboot, you ask them if they are happy for you to sign for it later.
I know the textbook answer is always get customer signature, but what are your thoughts.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
I have one with really bad tremors and he asks me to sign for him,I won't if he isn't in but if he is in and answers the door I will.BernardBresslaw wrote:I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
A foot pressdaveyeff wrote:how does he open the door?dvbuk55 wrote:Simply put unable to obtain where the signature is expected. If asked why it is obviously explainable.BernardBresslaw wrote:I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
Is he being delivered recorded, special or tracked?
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
I read some where, I think the PDA handbook, you can DNS (did not sign for) on the PDA if the person has not the ability to sign for it. Could someone confirm if this is right.BernardBresslaw wrote:I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
Yep I read it too.
Me personally I'd sign for someone who was unable
Id take a note/photo etc to keep me covered.
I've signed for a guy who is blind (I knew him and his dog from a previous job)
And also for a fella who has to crawl to his door
Also held PDA and helped a blind guy sign
Also ensured a deaf lady got her packets as the usual person wasnt aware she was deaf and knocked instead of using the buzzer(vibrates)
Only ever done it for folk who have asked as they have some sort of impediment to signing
Wouldn't and won't sign just to save taking it back etc
Me personally I'd sign for someone who was unable
Id take a note/photo etc to keep me covered.
I've signed for a guy who is blind (I knew him and his dog from a previous job)
And also for a fella who has to crawl to his door
Also held PDA and helped a blind guy sign
Also ensured a deaf lady got her packets as the usual person wasnt aware she was deaf and knocked instead of using the buzzer(vibrates)
Only ever done it for folk who have asked as they have some sort of impediment to signing
Wouldn't and won't sign just to save taking it back etc
I won
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
There is an official procedure for this situation, you mark " Recieved D N S" or "Unable to sign" on the PDA..... Ask your DOM for the correct wording.BernardBresslaw wrote:I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
-
immortaltechnique
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 14:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
I have a customer on one of my deliveries with no hands and he often gets recorded deliveries. If his carer isn't there what would you do when he answers the door? No I'm not asking him to hold the pen in his mouth.
If you must sign, ( I do for guy with parkinsons who shakes too much to write ) always sign your own name and write " on behalf of " then persons name, this way you can't be done for fraud.
If you must sign, ( I do for guy with parkinsons who shakes too much to write ) always sign your own name and write " on behalf of " then persons name, this way you can't be done for fraud.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2058
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
If You sign using Your own name You will be accountable for it if You put their name its fraud. 
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Signing for a rec on customers behalf?
Wrong, you can also sign (and open if required to facilitate delivery) parliamentary post (Specials) to mp's.gary1975 wrote:the only thing you can sign for is a letter from the royal palace if nobody is home ie message from the queen. Had one last week.