TrueBlueTerrier wrote:MARRIAGE/REGISTRATION OF CIVIL PARTNERSHIP LEAVE http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... IMC_udt-fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Special Leave A
Special Leave C Unpaid
Annual Leave
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave
This special leave policy is from POL ( post office limited) - look at the bottom right hand corner) AFAIK the RM one does not allow paid special leave for a wedding although a quick call to HR should let you know for sure
oops
My copy of this Special Leave Policy gives the same entitlements as Teebs has posted, but it's a Royal Mail document.
Perhaps the same agreement covers both Royal Mail and POL
Dated December 2005? There couldn't be a joint POL and RM policy now seeing as they are two entirely separate businesses.
The policy I saw was dated February 2014 and did not include any provision for special leave for getting married.
Brain Fury wrote:
The policy I saw was dated February 2014 and did not include any provision for special leave for getting married.
But who in their right mind would deny someone the time off to get married?
Even if it meant asking the rest of the office to lapse the duty on that day, or the DOM himself getting booted up and getting his hands dirty.
There is always a solution. (Maybe put it up for overtime? Shock Horror)
If I could I'd just go and cover the duty.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Brain Fury wrote:
The policy I saw was dated February 2014 and did not include any provision for special leave for getting married.
But who in their right mind would deny someone the time off to get married?
Even if it meant asking the rest of the office to lapse the duty on that day, or the DOM himself getting booted up and getting his hands dirty.
There is always a solution. (Maybe put it up for overtime? Shock Horror)
If I could I'd just go and cover the duty.
I'm only talking about Special Leave for getting married. I got it but then again when I got married the chances were that you wouldn't be applying again in a couple of years time!
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:MARRIAGE/REGISTRATION OF CIVIL PARTNERSHIP LEAVE http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... IMC_udt-fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Special Leave A
Special Leave C Unpaid
Annual Leave
3 to 5 days paid leave depending on annual leave entitlement:
3 days if leave entitlement is 6 weeks.
4 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks 3 days.
5 days if leave entitlement is 5 weeks.
So you might have to give up some annual leave
IGNORE - Posted wrong agreement its a POL one.
This still a thing? I'm getting married later in the year and they've refused my AL request
I got married last year. To make sure i had the time off i told the dom a good year before the date i needed 3 weeks off. I even pinned it on his notice bored . Then when the time came too book my weeks off, i made sure by using arrows, a big circle and wedding in capital letters on them three weeks. All im going to say is that it worked