It's in the original post - we are all 32.5 hrs.
I'll tell the building society 'don't panic' when they ask for the next payment on the house.........
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
Mate I feel for youbustedflush wrote:It's in the original post - we are all 32.5 hrs.
I'll tell the building society 'don't panic' when they ask for the next payment on the house.........
What a terrible state this company has become to treat people like this. Its also happened in my office where temps were made 39 hours for the past 5 months only to be put back to 32.5.
As the others have said BOOK every min you work over. If you come in and the frames not prepped inform a manager straight away. Don't rush around.
Best I can offer, sorry
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
in that case its disgusting being treated like that sorry busted whats the union say ?bustedflush wrote:It's in the original post - we are all 32.5 hrs.
I'll tell the building society 'don't panic' when they ask for the next payment on the house.........
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
Could be worse all ftc's in my office are on 24hours and have been since we started. We were told we'd be made permanent and increase of hours after the revision...we've since been told we won't be needed at all. So your 24hours a week pay surely beats whatever I'll get on the dole
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
True, but you can sell your shares as a redundancy sum if you got them while under your FTC and they bin you off. Union is still talking as far as I know.AJ1987 wrote:Could be worse all ftc's in my office are on 24hours and have been since we started. We were told we'd be made permanent and increase of hours after the revision...we've since been told we won't be needed at all. So your 24hours a week pay surely beats whatever I'll get on the dole
My work should be prepped and bagged before I start - I will as far as I know be 'delivery only' 4 hrs 40 minutes. 4.30 for delivery span and 10 minutes. I will not bag work up or help bundle it if it ain't done. I will wait until it's ready, and either work to time or ask for O/T depending on how happy I feel on the day.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
You might want to consider doing any reasonable request by managers once your contract starting time begins, if their is indoor work they want you to do and that leaves you with less time than you feel you need outdoors with your remaining contract hours, info lino after deciding if you want to complete at your contract finish time oroffer to do paid o/t if they are authorising you to to it.bustedflush wrote:True, but you can sell your shares as a redundancy sum if you got them while under your FTC and they bin you off. Union is still talking as far as I know.AJ1987 wrote:Could be worse all ftc's in my office are on 24hours and have been since we started. We were told we'd be made permanent and increase of hours after the revision...we've since been told we won't be needed at all. So your 24hours a week pay surely beats whatever I'll get on the dole
My work should be prepped and bagged before I start - I will as far as I know be 'delivery only' 4 hrs 40 minutes. 4.30 for delivery span and 10 minutes. I will not bag work up or help bundle it if it ain't done. I will wait until it's ready, and either work to time or ask for O/T depending on how happy I feel on the day.
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
I understand your concerns, it's not a good situation to be in but give it a little time and it may not be as bad as you think.
Is this the revision to shared vans, or like, the WCM bullshit revision? After both of hours, it actually went the other way and quite a few of our part timers went up to full time. They underestimate the amount of hours that will be needed to clear the office post revision, expecting it to be a bed of roses but of course it's not.
Easier said than done, but try to relax for the time being.
Is this the revision to shared vans, or like, the WCM bullshit revision? After both of hours, it actually went the other way and quite a few of our part timers went up to full time. They underestimate the amount of hours that will be needed to clear the office post revision, expecting it to be a bed of roses but of course it's not.
Easier said than done, but try to relax for the time being.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: From Living Wage to Poverty at the Stroke of a Pen
Robtor wrote:I understand your concerns, it's not a good situation to be in but give it a little time and it may not be as bad as you think.
Is this the revision to shared vans, or like, the WCM bullshit revision? After both of hours, it actually went the other way and quite a few of our part timers went up to full time. They underestimate the amount of hours that will be needed to clear the office post revision, expecting it to be a bed of roses but of course it's not.
Easier said than done, but try to relax for the time being.
Thanks, I'm already on a 32.5 hours next week so nothing bad yet. Of course, RM's costs for employing us as regards their pension payments and holiday pay will have fallen whatever hours I work....
This is all down to the low o/t rates. If RM paid time + 1/2 or 1/4 then this raping down of the contractual hours would never happen as it wouldn't pay them.....