Of course not - though I think she was damaged, because she kept going down on mePinky 1 wrote:So your Pump Up Suzy was already inflated ?dvbuk55 wrote: I have to say that they are probably using other carriers such as DPD who delivered a large Amazon box to me today.
Do you have to pay extra for that ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Anyone here from Croydon?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone here from Croydon?
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone here from Croydon?
Thanks for the replies. I’m not sure I’m a great deal wiser, though the news from Dartford, in particular, and SE Essex, to a lesser extent, doesn’t sound good.
A shame we don’t appear to have any Croydon posties on here.
Some of the information does seem a bit anecdotal. Men in white vans could be any number of courier companies. They already use Hermes, Yodel, HDNL and probably several others but I was specifically told that Amazon had set up their own delivery network.
I spoke to a Hermes driver I know, who knew nothing about it. Amazon make up about 20% of his work. He did say they only pay him 50p per packet and at that rate he wouldn’t be sorry to lose the work. He also said that they would struggle to recruit if they were basing costs around that figure.
I’ve trawled the ‘net and found nothing. I can’t find any jobs being advertised (including on Amazon’s own careers page), there are no mentions on the various courier forums and I can’t find anything in the news generally which, given the implications for RM and its share price and that of other couriers, makes me feel I’ve been sold a bum steer.
BUT! - - - then there’s Lou84’s very worrying bit of news.
A shame we don’t appear to have any Croydon posties on here.
Some of the information does seem a bit anecdotal. Men in white vans could be any number of courier companies. They already use Hermes, Yodel, HDNL and probably several others but I was specifically told that Amazon had set up their own delivery network.
I spoke to a Hermes driver I know, who knew nothing about it. Amazon make up about 20% of his work. He did say they only pay him 50p per packet and at that rate he wouldn’t be sorry to lose the work. He also said that they would struggle to recruit if they were basing costs around that figure.
I’ve trawled the ‘net and found nothing. I can’t find any jobs being advertised (including on Amazon’s own careers page), there are no mentions on the various courier forums and I can’t find anything in the news generally which, given the implications for RM and its share price and that of other couriers, makes me feel I’ve been sold a bum steer.
BUT! - - - then there’s Lou84’s very worrying bit of news.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
kremmen
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 02 Dec 2011, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone here from Croydon?
Apparently some of my colleagues were celebrating the lack of Amazon parcels today.
Very short term view in my opinion.
Very short term view in my opinion.
-
stephen hughes
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 15:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone here from Croydon?
I
amazon delivered a microwave to my house 9 o clock sunday morning, ive also had 6 parcels which were normally delivered by royal mail ,delivered by amazon drivers they are delivering all over the north west .
amazon delivered a microwave to my house 9 o clock sunday morning, ive also had 6 parcels which were normally delivered by royal mail ,delivered by amazon drivers they are delivering all over the north west .
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone here from Croydon?
You may be right but RM need to invest in an up to date system to deal with the requirements of the customer. Tracked items have been going now for 5 or 6 years but don't seem to have moved on to fulfil its promise nor have the PDAs been utilised to their full potential. Stephan makes a good point and long ago a delivery system of 5 over 7 should have been adopted to increase employment and blow the opposition out of the water.kremmen wrote:Apparently some of my colleagues were celebrating the lack of Amazon parcels today.
Very short term view in my opinion.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone here from Croydon?
these PDAs are terrible, they can barely cope with the simple tasks of scanning packets, look how long it can take for the screen to "wake" and this is using a simple very low res LCD screen.dvbuk55 wrote:You may be right but RM need to invest in an up to date system to deal with the requirements of the customer. Tracked items have been going now for 5 or 6 years but don't seem to have moved on to fulfil its promise nor have the PDAs been utilised to their full potential. Stephan makes a good point and long ago a delivery system of 5 over 7 should have been adopted to increase employment and blow the opposition out of the water.kremmen wrote:Apparently some of my colleagues were celebrating the lack of Amazon parcels today.
Very short term view in my opinion.