when i get mine in the morning , you dont know who had it the day before or how it behaved, so before i log on i press the off button for 5 seconds and reset it then i know it should work for at least the next 2 hours lol. bout time we had the same one every day as well.
5plusbonusball wrote:when i get mine in the morning , you dont know who had it the day before or how it behaved, so before i log on i press the off button for 5 seconds and reset it then i know it should work for at least the next 2 hours lol. bout time we had the same one every day as well.
Why would you not have the same one every day? You should reboot every day before leaving the office. All our PDAs are assigned to a duty and 99% of duties have the same person except for the day off and they are signed for every day. We have 90+ and replace at least 2 a week mostly for broken straps which are totally inadequate and the supposed fix with two part straps are no better.
Have ben Re-setting the PDA every morning before signing on and it has been getting better with only the odd crash here and there. However Sat was a pig with 8 regi and 6 tracked. Did the reset and left the office only to find that the keypad did not lock anymore and the screen keyboard had changed from qwerty to numerical. Really annoying.
As it would not lock the screen was active so it "clicked, clicked, clicked" in the bag all the time till it locked up and froze requiring yet another re-set on the round. What a pile of donkey poo these "has been out dated" pda's are.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
I rarely encounter crashes, but what annoys me more is when the time won't update on the unit, effectively rendering it useless. Especially annoying when you're outside the office as it tells you to reset it in the dock. You then have to arse about resetting it, taking the battery out, logging in/off countless times till it plays ball.
I used to be able to phone IT and just get replacement batteries, they now insist on swapping the whole unit. I will give them their due in the fact that the replacement turns up the next day, the problem is that the refurbished PDA is generally WORSE than the original. The comms on the replacement are usually shot to pieces and the battery life is good for about an hour and a half at best.
The other thing about phoning IT is that for EACH replacement PDA it takes roughly 15 minutes on the phone by the time that they have entered all of the information and asked you the same old questions; have you tried a warm boot, cold boot, throwing it against a wall etc.
I notice the pickers in my local Sainsby have the same model but with the pistol attachment. I think they are more stable in a indoor situation. I ve noticed that the battery can become unclipped all by itself in the pouch pocket. Mine still crashes at least once during a 4 hour delivery. I ve lost track of how many times I coax it back to life from a warm boot. The reboot switch should be recessed or guarded.
I think mine is dated 2007 which is 7 years old.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........