Sounds like harassment, speak to your repSo you hear this twice for every single packet you do.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
annoying new peugeot vans
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
We're all here because we're not all there
-
karenhutch
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 17:09
- Gender: Female
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Just got my new van today, but had the pleasure a week ago when my old one went wrong.blue1873 wrote:Possible claim of Repetitive Strain Syndromepissedoffpostman wrote:I don't understand why it tells you about the handbrake when your getting in the van! If I get out of my van 20 times during my round i will hear the warning:
40 times a day
200 times a week
800 times a month
9,600 times a year
though about removing fuses(getting desperate now)![]()
(i am joking)
I could understand it going off if you left the handbrake off when you opened the door but everytime it a joke and its really loud too. I stop start on my round and get in and our over 20 time in the first road, I CAN FEEL A TWITCH SETTING IN NOW DOING ME NUT IN.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Little bit sad hearing all this new van etc am still driving around in a 56 plate

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Yep, I had the "pleasure" of doing a round of packets in this van the other day, got some funny looks from the public half way down the street as I get out and this voice blares out. The seat belt sensor is a farce also, I can call it now the majority of drivers will clip it into the buckle and keep the belt behind them and not bother using it at all. Whereas before doing repeated stops sure people wouldn't use the belt, but then setting off for extended periods it's easier to put on.karenhutch wrote: Just got my new van today, but had the pleasure a week ago when my old one went wrong.
I could understand it going off if you left the handbrake off when you opened the door but everytime it a joke and its really loud too. I stop start on my round and get in and our over 20 time in the first road, I CAN FEEL A TWITCH SETTING IN NOW DOING ME NUT IN.
-
Nada
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Mar 2014, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Thats such a bombastic comment, this handbreak feature is pointless. The voice comes on as you open the door and in every case the handbreak is already applied. You become desensitised to the message after 20 minutes of getting in and out of the van anyways. Its just an annoying message for what should be an instinctive subconscious act for any driver who has even just passed their test. Its treating us like morons, and if someone lets their van runaway then they are an idiot and fully deserve to lose their job for gross misconduct.theboropostie wrote:I bet the posties who in the last 12 months have either died, lost limbs or had life changing injuries due to run away vans wish they had had an annoying reminder...
Just a thought. :culpa
And the ones who have been sacked for gross misconduct for run aways.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Please put the "How to Manage People - Royal Mail Style" guide down and step away from the keyboard, your empathy is being drained.Nada wrote: and if someone lets their van runaway then they are an idiot and fully deserve to lose their job for gross misconduct.
We have run stories on here, and 1 of the more well known cases is a member so perhaps such a sweeping comment could be seen as inappropriate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
I had one of these vans the other Saturday and it really is a bit OTT i can fully understand a warning if the handbrake is not applied but when you're getting in the van you really don't need to be told and it really starts to grate after the first couple of hundred times on a rural delivery.
Not only that it's so bloody loud!
Took me about 20 secs to work out how to turn it off when i had to use one again.
Not only that it's so bloody loud!
Took me about 20 secs to work out how to turn it off when i had to use one again.
-
theboropostie
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
I had to look Bombastic up...I deliver letters not write them.
I think maybe calling my comment bombastic is a bit, well....bombastic?
bom·bas·tic [bom-bas-tik] Show IPA
adjective
(of speech, writing, etc.) high-sounding; high-flown; inflated; pretentious.
Also, bom·bas·ti·cal.
Origin:
1695–1705; bombast + -ic
Related forms
bom·bas·ti·cal·ly, adverb
un·bom·bas·tic, adjective
un·bom·bas·ti·cal·ly, adverb
Synonyms
pompous, grandiloquent, turgid, florid, grandiose. Bombastic, flowery, pretentious, verbose all describe a use or a user of language more elaborate than is justified by or appropriate to the content being expressed. Bombastic suggests language with a theatricality or staginess of style far too powerful or declamatory for the meaning or sentiment being expressed: a bombastic sermon on the evils of cardplaying. Flowery describes language filled with extravagant images and ornate expressions: a flowery eulogy. Pretentious refers specifically to language that is purposely inflated in an effort to impress: a pretentious essay designed to demonstrate one's sophistication. Verbose characterizes utterances or speakers that use more words than necessary to express an idea: a verbose speech, speaker.
I think maybe calling my comment bombastic is a bit, well....bombastic?
bom·bas·tic [bom-bas-tik] Show IPA
adjective
(of speech, writing, etc.) high-sounding; high-flown; inflated; pretentious.
Also, bom·bas·ti·cal.
Origin:
1695–1705; bombast + -ic
Related forms
bom·bas·ti·cal·ly, adverb
un·bom·bas·tic, adjective
un·bom·bas·ti·cal·ly, adverb
Synonyms
pompous, grandiloquent, turgid, florid, grandiose. Bombastic, flowery, pretentious, verbose all describe a use or a user of language more elaborate than is justified by or appropriate to the content being expressed. Bombastic suggests language with a theatricality or staginess of style far too powerful or declamatory for the meaning or sentiment being expressed: a bombastic sermon on the evils of cardplaying. Flowery describes language filled with extravagant images and ornate expressions: a flowery eulogy. Pretentious refers specifically to language that is purposely inflated in an effort to impress: a pretentious essay designed to demonstrate one's sophistication. Verbose characterizes utterances or speakers that use more words than necessary to express an idea: a verbose speech, speaker.
-
Pesmog
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 Jan 2014, 13:27
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Is It door switch triggered ? Jam the door switch in the closed position and it might go away.
-
gretsch-drummer
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 21:35
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
I'm going to be driving one of these P.O.S on collections this week so I hope it is door triggered, I'll be taking some duct tape with me tomorrow.
-
gretsch-drummer
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 21:35
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Well, I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find a door triggered switch anywhere. So I had to suffer for 2 hours, on the same duty all bloody week as well.
Bugger.
Bugger.
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
I got my new Peugeot van last week.
I'm slowly going insane.
What I've figured out is:
It is triggered by the light switch. But the light switch is a micro switch, so nothing can be done with it.
The voice does not come through the stereo speakers. It has its own speaker somewhere above the stereo.
Above the stereo is a removable plate, so I'm hoping what is behind that plate are the brains to the annoying bitch.
I'm slowly going insane.
What I've figured out is:
It is triggered by the light switch. But the light switch is a micro switch, so nothing can be done with it.
The voice does not come through the stereo speakers. It has its own speaker somewhere above the stereo.
Above the stereo is a removable plate, so I'm hoping what is behind that plate are the brains to the annoying bitch.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
No, it's triggered by the door latch. As I had the door wide open pressed the black latch mechanism closed, pulled on the handle to release it and it triggered the sound.pod25 wrote:I got my new Peugeot van last week.
I'm slowly going insane.
What I've figured out is:
It is triggered by the light switch. But the light switch is a micro switch, so nothing can be done with it.
The voice does not come through the stereo speakers. It has its own speaker somewhere above the stereo.
Another annoying 'feature' of this van it flashes the temperature in the centre console continuously if it goes below 3c or thereabouts. It's basically French design engineers having nothing new/useful to think up any more so treat the driver like an idiot instead.
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Same thing. Its a micro switch in the door mechanism that operates the interior light and the annoying bitch.norm wrote: No, it's triggered by the door latch. As I had the door wide open pressed the black latch mechanism closed, pulled on the handle to release it and it triggered the sound.
-
Tompitkeathly
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 14:59
- Gender: Male
Re: annoying new peugeot vans
Please someone find out how to stop the horrible lady!!!!!!
(All the "poor you, I'm driving a old van!" People count yourself a lucky)
(All the "poor you, I'm driving a old van!" People count yourself a lucky)