ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sickness protocol
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness protocol
True Blue... still a bit unclear to me as I recently had a week off (5 working days !) and Sunday and rest day were counted. This absence was counted as 7 days by my manager ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Only if you don't know the rules, don't follow them and the sunday is not the last or first day of your sickness.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Sickness protocol
Did you ring in and tell your manager you would be returning to work?Decky Boy wrote:True Blue... still a bit unclear to me as I recently had a week off (5 working days !) and Sunday and rest day were counted. This absence was counted as 7 days by my manager ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Only if you don't know the rules, don't follow them and the sunday is not the last or first day of your sickness.
If you ring in sick Monday, and are off all week, but your day off is Saturday, and you think you'll be fine for the next Monday, then ring in Friday and tell them you're returning to work tomorrow (Sat).
They then can't include the Saturday/Sunday, and it means a 5 day absence (Mon-Fri).
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Sickness protocol
It sounds daft to me the way they work it. I mean how do you know exactly when you're going to feel better? As if it isn't bad enough that you're feeling ill then you've got the added pressure of feeling guilty about it.