from a guy who already has questionable honesty in my opinion when he knowingly doesnt pay for his surcharges but takes them anyway, and now thinks i am nuts because i think its wrong to hide the fact that the OP should not hide the fact he has messed up, yeah your opinion really matters to me...bringon4dayweeks wrote:this zx bloke is nuts
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Help! Made a mistake on collections
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
Putting right a mistake and saying nothing is not dishonest - If I drop a tray of mail on the floor and pick it up again, do I go to the lino and say `Please sir I dropped some mail, please sir I didnt do it on purpose` ??
this zx bloke is nuts
this zx bloke is nuts
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
Delaying mail is a reportable incident by our regulations, doing it even by accident then hiding the fact is dishonest, it's not the same as dropping a tray of mail, so how much mail would it take for you to decide you should report it to your manager? A bag, a couple of bags? A whole van load?Brains wrote:Putting right a mistake and saying nothing is not dishonest - If I drop a tray of mail on the floor and pick it up again, do I go to the lino and say `Please sir I dropped some mail, please sir I didnt do it on purpose` ??
this zx bloke is nuts
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
By bringing it to a public forum....don't see how you can keep it quiet now?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
well said brainsBrains wrote:Putting right a mistake and saying nothing is not dishonest - If I drop a tray of mail on the floor and pick it up again, do I go to the lino and say `Please sir I dropped some mail, please sir I didnt do it on purpose` ??
this zx bloke is nuts
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
Not paying surcharges, think it's ok to not report delayed mail, I'd guess it's only a matter of time till ib catch up with you, seems you think you can make the rules up as you go along, I think you will be in for a surprisebringon4dayweeks wrote:well said brainsBrains wrote:Putting right a mistake and saying nothing is not dishonest - If I drop a tray of mail on the floor and pick it up again, do I go to the lino and say `Please sir I dropped some mail, please sir I didnt do it on purpose` ??
this zx bloke is nuts
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Help! Made a mistake on collections
It is dishonest. And I wouldn't advise anyone to be so.
But, in todays climate, where being honest will likely serve to earn you a one way ticket to the dole queue, I understand peoples reluctance to tell their bosses about making a mistake.
The DOM in my office doesn't believe in genuine mistakes in my view. Sees only 'deliberate' acts.
But, in todays climate, where being honest will likely serve to earn you a one way ticket to the dole queue, I understand peoples reluctance to tell their bosses about making a mistake.
The DOM in my office doesn't believe in genuine mistakes in my view. Sees only 'deliberate' acts.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.