masterblaster wrote:I don't think anyone should be writing 're-used stamp' on the letter and then getting an unpaid sticker put on, who are you to say the sender didn't write an incorrect address on, and cover it up with a label.
Why do you think it is not official policy, but only done by the officious.
If the sender wrote an incorrect address on the envelope and covered it up with a label then the stamp wouldn't have been cut out and glued back on.
they could have wrote the wrong address or messed up on the envelope then cut out the stamp glue it on a new envelope . this is why i dont stick a stamp on till ready to post the letter
If, if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas!
masterblaster wrote:I don't think anyone should be writing 're-used stamp' on the letter and then getting an unpaid sticker put on, who are you to say the sender didn't write an incorrect address on, and cover it up with a label.
Why do you think it is not official policy, but only done by the officious.
If the sender wrote an incorrect address on the envelope and covered it up with a label then the stamp wouldn't have been cut out and glued back on.
When there is a stamp that has clearly been re-used, either cut out with the remains of the original envelope etc on it and it's then stuck/glued/taped down on to a new envelope then they should pay for the service provided. No doubt you ignore all reused stamps and don't bother to cancel any I bet.
When it's clearly apparent that they are attempting to subvert the system then they should pay for it.. albeit with a surcharge.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Chitchat wrote:Why at christmas do the Royal mail allow so many un cancelled stamps through the network. I see so many stamps being reused some don't even bother to hide the fact its reused and cut round the stamp and stick it the the envelope.
Surely the Royal mail should be protecting its exposure to fraudulent use of stamps. We do all this hard work to make sure all the post is delivered and then allow people to peel off the stamp and use it again, its crazy
christmas is the busiest time of the year used by joe public sticking stamps on cards thats why i cancel 5 pound out a day easy
I don't bother doing it. RM 'rip-off' people with unpaid bloody Christmas cards anyway. £1.09 on average. It's Christmas. I give my customers a little gift. A 'free' stamp.
venger wrote:I don't bother doing it. RM 'rip-off' people with unpaid bloody Christmas cards anyway. £1.09 on average. It's Christmas. I give my customers a little gift. A 'free' stamp.
Im sure your customers will give you a little gift when you lose your job due to RM becoming unprofitable. We all need to take responsibility for protecting our jobs by doing what we can. Cancelling out stamps everyday is something we all can do, you only need a pen.
And whoever came up with the tamper proof stamps, should actually test them. All it has done is created a bigger problem because postmen/women now think they cant be reused, so don't bother cancelling stamps.
Chitchat wrote:Why at christmas do the Royal mail allow so many un cancelled stamps through the network. I see so many stamps being reused some don't even bother to hide the fact its reused and cut round the stamp and stick it the the envelope.
Surely the Royal mail should be protecting its exposure to fraudulent use of stamps. We do all this hard work to make sure all the post is delivered and then allow people to peel off the stamp and use it again, its crazy
christmas is the busiest time of the year used by joe public sticking stamps on cards thats why i cancel 5 pound out a day easy
5 pound a day? Thats like only 10 stamps. I have seen hundreds everyday over christmas.
venger wrote:I don't bother doing it. RM 'rip-off' people with unpaid bloody Christmas cards anyway. £1.09 on average. It's Christmas. I give my customers a little gift. A 'free' stamp.
Im sure your customers will give you a little gift when you lose your job due to RM becoming unprofitable. We all need to take responsibility for protecting our jobs by doing what we can. Cancelling out stamps everyday is something we all can do, you only need a pen.
And whoever came up with the tamper proof stamps, should actually test them. All it has done is created a bigger problem because postmen/women now think they cant be reused, so don't bother cancelling stamps.
Yeah I'm sure RM are losing £100+ million a year in revenue due to people re-using stamps.
venger wrote:I don't bother doing it. RM 'rip-off' people with unpaid bloody Christmas cards anyway. £1.09 on average. It's Christmas. I give my customers a little gift. A 'free' stamp.
Im sure your customers will give you a little gift when you lose your job due to RM becoming unprofitable. We all need to take responsibility for protecting our jobs by doing what we can. Cancelling out stamps everyday is something we all can do, you only need a pen.
And whoever came up with the tamper proof stamps, should actually test them. All it has done is created a bigger problem because postmen/women now think they cant be reused, so don't bother cancelling stamps.
Yeah I'm sure RM are losing £100+ million a year in revenue due to people re-using stamps.
If we thought that way about every aspect of the Royal mail we would be in real trouble. This one thing alone wont be costing 100s of millions. But could well be costing millions. Millions that RM cant afford to be losing!
venger wrote:I don't bother doing it. RM 'rip-off' people with unpaid bloody Christmas cards anyway. £1.09 on average. It's Christmas. I give my customers a little gift. A 'free' stamp.
Im sure your customers will give you a little gift when you lose your job due to RM becoming unprofitable. We all need to take responsibility for protecting our jobs by doing what we can. Cancelling out stamps everyday is something we all can do, you only need a pen.
And whoever came up with the tamper proof stamps, should actually test them. All it has done is created a bigger problem because postmen/women now think they cant be reused, so don't bother cancelling stamps.
But now it's not so much "protecting our jobs" as boosting foreign shareholder's dividends.
Chitchat wrote:Why at christmas do the Royal mail allow so many un cancelled stamps through the network. I see so many stamps being reused some don't even bother to hide the fact its reused and cut round the stamp and stick it the the envelope.
Surely the Royal mail should be protecting its exposure to fraudulent use of stamps. We do all this hard work to make sure all the post is delivered and then allow people to peel off the stamp and use it again, its crazy
christmas is the busiest time of the year used by joe public sticking stamps on cards thats why i cancel 5 pound out a day easy
5 pound a day? Thats like only 10 stamps. I have seen hundreds everyday over christmas.