ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have you voted yet?
-
alhothi
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 21:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Have you voted yet?
Its a yes vote from me
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Have you voted yet?
another person can't decide if they're going to vote?
Thats because if I vote "no" I'll be supporting RM in their privatisation plans which I oppose... ( I've voted yes in every other strike & always been on the line whatever the weather )
If I vote "yes", I'll be supporting a union that has done the WORST deal in living memory (BT2010) In delivery we have ALL BEEN SHAFTED. We have lost our T&C;s, we deliver a unlimited supply of D2D's , we've lost £1000's in lost wages....Why sould I back them for stabbing us in the back. Why shouldn't those on full time release face doing the same job as us...maybe then they'd have their eye's opened as to the effects of the deals that they sold to us all.
Why should I strike to save useless managers that profit from our increased workloads...and get bonus's they don't deserve
Why should I strike to protect the vast majority of members who start early, run around,finish early then gossip to the management about how easy someone else's job is then complain that their job is soooo hard.
Maybe if they all faced the prospect of working their full hours OR being sacked, they'd realise that they should have listened to the union when it said " do your job properly " and not ruin the job
I have already resigned myself to not having a job in RM within 3-5 years, my pension degraded and my T&C's removed while I am employed. And I fully expect at least 50% of you joining me.
I won't vote "NO", but I can't see why I should vote "YES" for another "Deal of the century" that will lead to "winners and losers" ( with delivery being the losers )
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Have you voted yet?
i can totally see you're point. and so will thousands of others but if you dont vote at all then its as good as a no vote. especially from royal mail and the press point of view.Cut Off King wrote:another person can't decide if they're going to vote?
Thats because if I vote "no" I'll be supporting RM in their privatisation plans which I oppose... ( I've voted yes in every other strike & always been on the line whatever the weather )
If I vote "yes", I'll be supporting a union that has done the WORST deal in living memory (BT2010) In delivery we have ALL BEEN SHAFTED. We have lost our T&C;s, we deliver a unlimited supply of D2D's , we've lost £1000's in lost wages....Why sould I back them for stabbing us in the back. Why shouldn't those on full time release face doing the same job as us...maybe then they'd have their eye's opened as to the effects of the deals that they sold to us all.
Why should I strike to save useless managers that profit from our increased workloads...and get bonus's they don't deserve
Why should I strike to protect the vast majority of members who start early, run around,finish early then gossip to the management about how easy someone else's job is then complain that their job is soooo hard.
Maybe if they all faced the prospect of working their full hours OR being sacked, they'd realise that they should have listened to the union when it said " do your job properly " and not ruin the job
I have already resigned myself to not having a job in RM within 3-5 years, my pension degraded and my T&C's removed while I am employed. And I fully expect at least 50% of you joining me.
I won't vote "NO", but I can't see why I should vote "YES" for another "Deal of the century" that will lead to "winners and losers" ( with delivery being the losers )