Wrong enzio this jobs f@@@ coz of people have never done the job bloody properly from day1 ie takin breaks not running around tryin to finish early I don't no you but bet you fall into that catenzio wrote:if you believe that with out a union you would be better off you are the sort of person that has f#### this job up the restsaddlerposty wrote:Good idea enzio, that way me being a non union member would still be earning around £30 - £50 a week for doing around 3 or 4 D2D's instead of the £8 a week i get now ( don't forget £12 of that £20 we get was for early shift allowance)for doing 5 or 6. when you consider this has been for that past 3 years i reckon i'm about £4500-£ 5500 worst off.
yeah thanks cwu.![]()
if we did not have a union there would be no sick pay no pension no wage increase as we are on well above the minimum wage and zero hour contracts would rule.
I will admit that the union has lost it way a bit in the last couple of years but it is only as good as it members I for one am glad it is here and wish people like you would f### off because its people like you that have f#### the job.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
what now ?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: what now ?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: what now ?
enzio wrote:if you believe that with out a union you would be better off you are the sort of person that has f#### this job up the restsaddlerposty wrote:Good idea enzio, that way me being a non union member would still be earning around £30 - £50 a week for doing around 3 or 4 D2D's instead of the £8 a week i get now ( don't forget £12 of that £20 we get was for early shift allowance)for doing 5 or 6. when you consider this has been for that past 3 years i reckon i'm about £4500-£ 5500 worst off.
yeah thanks cwu.![]()
if we did not have a union there would be no sick pay no pension no wage increase as we are on well above the minimum wage and zero hour contracts would rule.
I will admit that the union has lost it way a bit in the last couple of years but it is only as good as it members I for one am glad it is here and wish people like you would f### off because its people like you that have f#### the job.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2228
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: what now ?
This time why wud anyone Not come out ,,,it's bout our future , pensions , our terms and cons , affects everyone of us!
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: what now ?
Stopping it was never an option, if the CWU believed they could stop it they had their heads in the clouds. Tories are doing it for their rich buddies, not for us or the country, the union could try that option but again, too late for that..enzio wrote:as it looks like that we can not stop privation of royal mail nowsurely we should as a union be pushing for only 49% of the company to be sold and the rest held by the government.
As for renationalisation under a labour government, more rubbish, the previous labour governments have showed their true colours. Plenty of chance to rectify the privatisations of the Thatcher era, nothing done and so we all continue to pay more and more to furnish the pockets of the rich, not to receive a service.
Whether or not RMs T&Cs are legal remains to be seen, even so no union will ever get much more than what RM are offering (if it's legal) - even if the union gain ground on T&Cs then it will still only be a few years down the line when any terms come to an end and the real fight will begin for jobs and conditions.
Told? By a manager no doubt?also has anyone else heard that all none union members have been told that they will have to attend work when the union has announced its strike days ?
Divide and conquer, great idea, not.should we not use this to are advantage to recruit new members and also for once go the full hog and only make deals for union members eg pay ?
And for reference, I'm not in the union, despite having been so for many a year and supported every strike. However, the last few strikes have been lacklustre, ill-thought out and achieved very little. (Yes I'm still pissed off about the amazing turnaround on the last strike where the union dropped a strong position). The local rep is like a ghost that only a few see or hear, can't recall the last meeting they had. I despise the likes of union hierarchy who tell us what we should do whilst they garnish themselves with reasonable pay packets. And then Hayes, how much does he earn from your money and keeps himself busy trotting round the country giving speeches? The union should be about the people that make it up and the money used in such a way to benefit the members, not 70k pay packets for the fat cats. Sort the union out and I'll be back.
A stronger stance should have been made far sooner - this action is all partly fuelled by the pay rise, due in April - it's now mid-September, it appears the union have been played like a f***ing string quartet again, delayed by RM tactics so any strike would start to hit later in the year when the company is already floated and Christmas is rapidly approaching so RM/the papers can win favour by claiming the union will ruin Christmas and try to sway opinion against us. It's not Einstein material.
I'll be going in to work, union or not, I can't afford to lose any money right now because it'll tip me over the edge financially. And that is thanks to the current inept greedy c***s in government and their austerity measures, fuelled by an equally inept bunch of twats that ran the last labour government allowing so much wastage and debt to build up. And if you think "everyone" gives a s**t, you are so wrong, take a look round your office, how many come in early, work through their breaks, run round? If it's an average office then quite a few - quite probably union members too, with pillocks like these who needs RM management being twats with us.This time why wud anyone Not come out ,,,it's bout our future , pensions , our terms and cons , affects everyone of us!
At least I can hold my head higher than those hypocrites that are in the union but still go in.... And if anyone from my office calls me a scab, I'll selectively seek revenge at my leisure
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: what now ?
What a fantastic speech, NOT!!. You do not have to try and make people understand to why you are going to be a SCAB!! Grow a pair! if the CWU is so bad why don't you become active and make a difference. No, you will just rely on everyone else, if we all had your attitude f*ck knows where we would be!! People make me sick to my stomach!! Make a difference , do something, stand up, be counted, scream, shout, jump up and down, put that defeatist attitude energy into something worth while!!slave wrote:Stopping it was never an option, if the CWU believed they could stop it they had their heads in the clouds. Tories are doing it for their rich buddies, not for us or the country, the union could try that option but again, too late for that..enzio wrote:as it looks like that we can not stop privation of royal mail nowsurely we should as a union be pushing for only 49% of the company to be sold and the rest held by the government.
As for renationalisation under a labour government, more rubbish, the previous labour governments have showed their true colours. Plenty of chance to rectify the privatisations of the Thatcher era, nothing done and so we all continue to pay more and more to furnish the pockets of the rich, not to receive a service.
Whether or not RMs T&Cs are legal remains to be seen, even so no union will ever get much more than what RM are offering (if it's legal) - even if the union gain ground on T&Cs then it will still only be a few years down the line when any terms come to an end and the real fight will begin for jobs and conditions.
Told? By a manager no doubt?also has anyone else heard that all none union members have been told that they will have to attend work when the union has announced its strike days ?Divide and conquer, great idea, not.should we not use this to are advantage to recruit new members and also for once go the full hog and only make deals for union members eg pay ?
And for reference, I'm not in the union, despite having been so for many a year and supported every strike. However, the last few strikes have been lacklustre, ill-thought out and achieved very little. (Yes I'm still pissed off about the amazing turnaround on the last strike where the union dropped a strong position). The local rep is like a ghost that only a few see or hear, can't recall the last meeting they had. I despise the likes of union hierarchy who tell us what we should do whilst they garnish themselves with reasonable pay packets. And then Hayes, how much does he earn from your money and keeps himself busy trotting round the country giving speeches? The union should be about the people that make it up and the money used in such a way to benefit the members, not 70k pay packets for the fat cats. Sort the union out and I'll be back.
A stronger stance should have been made far sooner - this action is all partly fuelled by the pay rise, due in April - it's now mid-September, it appears the union have been played like a f***ing string quartet again, delayed by RM tactics so any strike would start to hit later in the year when the company is already floated and Christmas is rapidly approaching so RM/the papers can win favour by claiming the union will ruin Christmas and try to sway opinion against us. It's not Einstein material.
I'll be going in to work, union or not, I can't afford to lose any money right now because it'll tip me over the edge financially. And that is thanks to the current inept greedy c***s in government and their austerity measures, fuelled by an equally inept bunch of twats that ran the last labour government allowing so much wastage and debt to build up. And if you think "everyone" gives a s**t, you are so wrong, take a look round your office, how many come in early, work through their breaks, run round? If it's an average office then quite a few - quite probably union members too, with pillocks like these who needs RM management being twats with us.This time why wud anyone Not come out ,,,it's bout our future , pensions , our terms and cons , affects everyone of us!
At least I can hold my head higher than those hypocrites that are in the union but still go in.... And if anyone from my office calls me a scab, I'll selectively seek revenge at my leisure
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! My mind is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good f*cking night!!!!
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: what now ?
I wondered when the first PRICK would bite. Grow a mind!whatamess!! wrote:What a fantastic speech, NOT!!. You do not have to try and make people understand to why you are going to be a SCAB!! Grow a pair! if the CWU is so bad why don't you become active and make a difference. No, you will just rely on everyone else, if we all had your attitude f*ck knows where we would be!! People make me sick to my stomach!! Make a difference , do something, stand up, be counted, scream, shout, jump up and down, put that defeatist attitude energy into something worth while!!slave wrote:Stopping it was never an option, if the CWU believed they could stop it they had their heads in the clouds. Tories are doing it for their rich buddies, not for us or the country, the union could try that option but again, too late for that..enzio wrote:as it looks like that we can not stop privation of royal mail nowsurely we should as a union be pushing for only 49% of the company to be sold and the rest held by the government.
As for renationalisation under a labour government, more rubbish, the previous labour governments have showed their true colours. Plenty of chance to rectify the privatisations of the Thatcher era, nothing done and so we all continue to pay more and more to furnish the pockets of the rich, not to receive a service.
Whether or not RMs T&Cs are legal remains to be seen, even so no union will ever get much more than what RM are offering (if it's legal) - even if the union gain ground on T&Cs then it will still only be a few years down the line when any terms come to an end and the real fight will begin for jobs and conditions.
Told? By a manager no doubt?also has anyone else heard that all none union members have been told that they will have to attend work when the union has announced its strike days ?Divide and conquer, great idea, not.should we not use this to are advantage to recruit new members and also for once go the full hog and only make deals for union members eg pay ?![]()
![]()
![]()
And for reference, I'm not in the union, despite having been so for many a year and supported every strike. However, the last few strikes have been lacklustre, ill-thought out and achieved very little. (Yes I'm still pissed off about the amazing turnaround on the last strike where the union dropped a strong position). The local rep is like a ghost that only a few see or hear, can't recall the last meeting they had. I despise the likes of union hierarchy who tell us what we should do whilst they garnish themselves with reasonable pay packets. And then Hayes, how much does he earn from your money and keeps himself busy trotting round the country giving speeches? The union should be about the people that make it up and the money used in such a way to benefit the members, not 70k pay packets for the fat cats. Sort the union out and I'll be back.
A stronger stance should have been made far sooner - this action is all partly fuelled by the pay rise, due in April - it's now mid-September, it appears the union have been played like a f***ing string quartet again, delayed by RM tactics so any strike would start to hit later in the year when the company is already floated and Christmas is rapidly approaching so RM/the papers can win favour by claiming the union will ruin Christmas and try to sway opinion against us. It's not Einstein material.
I'll be going in to work, union or not, I can't afford to lose any money right now because it'll tip me over the edge financially. And that is thanks to the current inept greedy c***s in government and their austerity measures, fuelled by an equally inept bunch of twats that ran the last labour government allowing so much wastage and debt to build up. And if you think "everyone" gives a s**t, you are so wrong, take a look round your office, how many come in early, work through their breaks, run round? If it's an average office then quite a few - quite probably union members too, with pillocks like these who needs RM management being twats with us.This time why wud anyone Not come out ,,,it's bout our future , pensions , our terms and cons , affects everyone of us!
At least I can hold my head higher than those hypocrites that are in the union but still go in.... And if anyone from my office calls me a scab, I'll selectively seek revenge at my leisure
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! My mind is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good f*cking night!!!!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
FYI:
I have a respectable pair, I don't need to support the union to prove that, unlike small balls like you.
I'm not relying on anyone, obviously your narrow minded attitude failed to spot that I said I have supported the union/workforce in years gone by, for the last 15 years plus as it happens.
Become active, achieve what? It would need a significant number of people to make a difference, that would take time, time is limited. Many people have complained about the way the union has gone and yet the same people are still in positions of power. Where the f**k are all these people who complain?
I don't have a defeatist attitude, more realist, pull your head out of the dark ages and smell the coffee drifting over what is reality.
Finally, can you send me your bank details so I can extract the relevant money to cover the cost of my wage when I go on strike? No, thought not, and nor will anyone else (family included) and then I'll be left without my own f***ing house if the action continues (yes, money really is that f***ing tight for me right now). So you can shove your scummy arrogant I'm better than you/not a scab twatty attitude right up your f***ing arse.
Aaaargh aaargh f***ing great big arrrrrrrgh....
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: what now ?
Right so apart from everything that's been said can we count on you when the strike is called?slave wrote:Finally, can you send me your bank details so I can extract the relevant money to cover the cost of my wage when I go on strike? No, thought not, and nor will anyone else (family included) and then I'll be left without my own f***ing house if the action continues (yes, money really is that f***ing tight for me right now). So you can shove your scummy arrogant I'm better than you/not a scab twatty attitude right up your f***ing arse.
Aaaargh aaargh f***ing great big arrrrrrrgh....![]()
![]()
![]()
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: what now ?
If someone pays what I lose by taking action then yes! How about make it up in overtime, that didn't work last time as managers fiddled things and fellow workers just got on with it. I'd like to support without condition just as I have numerous times in the past, but being financially up s**t creek with no paddle and a f***ing hole in the boat to boot, nodvbuk55 wrote:Right so apart from everything that's been said can we count on you when the strike is called?slave wrote:Finally, can you send me your bank details so I can extract the relevant money to cover the cost of my wage when I go on strike? No, thought not, and nor will anyone else (family included) and then I'll be left without my own f***ing house if the action continues (yes, money really is that f***ing tight for me right now). So you can shove your scummy arrogant I'm better than you/not a scab twatty attitude right up your f***ing arse.
Aaaargh aaargh f***ing great big arrrrrrrgh....![]()
![]()
![]()
Of course, regardless of what action is taken now, I realise in a few years the very same problems could rear their ugly head, maybe then I'll be able to fight, I certainly hope so. And we will be fighting then as any terms/conditions run out (no union will ever get terms/conditions to extend beyond a few years, anyone attempt to do so is delusional) and real privatisation hits, just like it hit every other privatised company. This is a minor fight compared to the one that is yet to come.....
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: what now ?
TBH it's a bit early to declare your intentions, we will lose money without a doubt, but at this stage we don't know what's going to be the tenure of the strike it could be 4 hours for all we know, then 8 the following day and so on - any action will be disruptive and this time it should be everyone on the same day. In that way nothing moves at all and that cuts down on the opportunity for people to work. Though I have heard of people being approached to go on the "acting" list which is a little bit disingenuous IMHO and people shouldn't fall for it, if they weren't good enough before they shouldn't be tempted to accept now.