ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life :(

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
veryn
Posts: 82
Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by veryn »

I'm a bit overweight ,occasionally I have to do a walk . I guess im a bit slower so takes me around 4/5 hours.

Hate walking up hills ,im like a snail . Even a slope up someones driveway , feels like forever.

When ive finished my feet ache so bad. I drive home , which is a nice rest sitting in car. When I get out the car , it hits you ,im like a cripple , walking just a few feet to the front door. Then I collapse on my bed for an hour or so. Usually a rest and soak my feet helps. But all of me feels drained, so I have an early night- 8pm bed.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by OnAFlyer »

I was talking about this to my delivery partner today, and we were both pissing ourselves at the thought of people collapsing on the sofa when they get home from delivery :left:

We were still laughing as we picked up our 2 bundle bags and started the next loop. :crazy:
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by Anonymouse »

Got pain down the shins and a weird feeling behind the knee. Like it needs cracked but wont.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by dvbuk55 »

How do you know what your BMI is? I'm diabetic and have all kinds of tests every few weeks and a biggie every year but nobody has mentioned BMI I don't know what mine is but I am overweight - is there a simple formula for working it out?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by clashcityrocker »

dvbuk55 wrote:How do you know what your BMI is? I'm diabetic and have all kinds of tests every few weeks and a biggie every year but nobody has mentioned BMI I don't know what mine is but I am overweight - is there a simple formula for working it out?
Just google bmi calculator.
You put in your height and weight and it gives you an answer.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:How do you know what your BMI is? I'm diabetic and have all kinds of tests every few weeks and a biggie every year but nobody has mentioned BMI I don't know what mine is but I am overweight - is there a simple formula for working it out?
Just google bmi calculator.
You put in your height and weight and it gives you an answer.
Thanks for that - the good news is I'm not obese, but I'm overweight - which I knew.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by DGP1 »

http://www.nhs.uk/tools/pages/healthywe ... _id=101007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by Barbel »

I would rather be underweight. I've lost loads since I started this job back in January and can eat more or less anything without putting weight on. :nana
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by dvbuk55 »

I've put weight on since I gave up s
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by Shambles »

dvbuk55 wrote:I've put weight on since I gave up s
S =

1. Sausages?
2. Synchronised Swimming?
3. Scotch?
4. Sky diving?
5. Sailing?
6. Sponge cakes?

:whistle :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by dvbuk55 »

Shambles wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I've put weight on since I gave up s
S =

1. Sausages?
2. Synchronised Swimming?
3. Scotch?
4. Sky diving?
5. Sailing?
6. Sponge cakes?

:whistle :chuckle
Smoking of course - tut tut naughty step for you Shambles :chuckle Of course other things also but I can't bring myself to say it :oops:
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by Shambles »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Shambles wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I've put weight on since I gave up s
S =

1. Sausages?
2. Synchronised Swimming?
3. Scotch?
4. Sky diving?
5. Sailing?
6. Sponge cakes?

:whistle :chuckle
Smoking of course - tut tut naughty step for you Shambles :chuckle Of course other things also but I can't bring myself to say it :oops:


1. Sugar?
2. Special Brew?
3. Saunas?
4. Sandwiches?
5. Sunday Roasts?
6. Spotted Dick?

So many..... :angel
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by dvbuk55 »

Shambles wrote:
6. Spotted Dick?

So many..... :angel
Well modesty forbids me saying :chuckle :chuckle but whatever turns you on. :shock:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

yeah I am underheight for my weight - score
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: The aches and pains thread........not a comfortable life

Post by Shambles »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:yeah I am underheight for my weight - score
LOL :chuckle not that old Chestnut :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.