ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CAN IT BE DONE

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
whatamess!!
Posts: 279
Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
Gender: Female

Re: CAN IT BE DONE

Post by whatamess!! »

Had some walks tested in my DO, posties cut off at 2pm, planner carried on delivering with manager and got back at 5.10pm. When planner wrote report he blamed OPG's :crazy: :arrrghhh . LOL. What a fool!!
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: CAN IT BE DONE

Post by feduppostie »

The question should really be why weren't you doing the job properly before the revision - then you might not have a problem completing now :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

It's simple if you ran round before cutting corners to finish say 2 hours early they will have quiet rightly assumed you needed 2 hours more work

Then you get 2 hours more work and suddenly start doing the job properly and wonder why it can't be done

* all times are examples only

people have been screaming for years for others to do the job correctly but no as usual the selfish - I want to finish early brigade - carried on regardless and are now moaning that their workloads are unachievable

There really is noone to blame but yourselves

* this is not directly aimed at the OP as I can have no idea of their personal circumstances - more a general observation
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: CAN IT BE DONE

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
Brains wrote:I have done rurals on & off for 30 odd years but have never done it properly (seatbelt on - seatbelt off - lock van - unlock van - at every stop - work from the back of the van ect ). I dont rush or spoil the job either. Has anyone done a rural the correct way ? How much does it add to the delivery span ?
I was trained on my rural by someone who didn't do it by the book, and the delivery was taking me about 4hrs 30 mins or so to complete when I started doing it on my own. After a few weeks, I started doing the delivery properly and it usually takes an extra 20-30 minutes longer than it did previously. I suppose it depends how many times you're in and out of the van on your particular delivery.

I do get the occasional snide comment from fellow employees along the lines that I'm "taking the p@&s" because others are known to complete the delivery more quickly. There's one lunatic in particular who finishes up to an hour earlier than I do because in addition to not following the delivery rules, he drives recklessly and at dangerous speeds along narrow country lanes and driveways/tracks. I know, because I get regular complaints from my customers when he's covering my days off/holidays.
The customers should be complaining to your DOM, there's nothing you can do about it. You notice how quick the management are to test "slow" OPGs but I've never heard of them going out with a speedy Gonzales to check how it is they can complete an hour early.......if they do it legitimately then there are lessons to be learned..............if not then there are lessons to be learned of a different nature.
:sad: Yes, I've said all along they should test the runners, when I worked there was one chap who always claimed he could do everbodys walk soooo much quicker! Lies, he ws the boss' pet, and we all had to listen to the well ' S can do your walk in such and such a time'---this man always chose to stay a floater, (so he wouldn't be caught cutting corners) going back after he'd covered your round was a nightmare, what with streets full of wrong deliveries, and we all knwthat even before he left the office other mail had been planked.